Bader to the IL

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Bader to the IL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards get a true center fielder to fill in. (Of course, the game is today, not tonight.)

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yikes. I guess it was really good thinking to hold onto Jmart this winter. I’ll be interested to see Thomas roam CF for a bit.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

U sure they won’t use Fowler in CF instead? He’s in CF today!

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am worried about Dex in CF too. He wasnt really challenged last night, and i think we got lucky. The more days you put him out there the more chances it will bite us.

If you are bringing up Lane you should play him. Dex should know he has no right to CF

I feel we will see a day off for OZuna and Fowler coming up no matter what, so I think Lane will get at least a couple games in there

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I’m hoping Dex is only playing CF today because they weren’t sure if Thomas would make it to the game in time to start. That’s my hope anyway.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For those interested in a bit more background on Thomas.

Cardinals Place Bader on IL, Add Rookie Thomas

Michael Dusablon
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Thomas getting called up I’m wondering if Garcia’s stock is dropping some. He didn’t
    hit in his brief trial late last year nor in Spring Training this year and hasn’t
    had a great start to the regular season at Memphis.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

While Garcia has a great arm, he is not a center fielder. CF is the Cardinals current need. So that is the primary reason Thomas is up, as he was not hitting any better at Memphis than Garcia.

I cannot speak for how the Cardinals think, but in our current prospect rankings, among the outfielders, Garcia is behind Carlson, Thomas, Arozarena and sitting at no. 17. He has slowly lost ground over the last year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.