BA Best Tools by minor league level

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum BA Best Tools by minor league level

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Baseball America has begun its annual series of the best tools by minor league level, starting with the Pacific Coast League. Included are Weaver, Gant, Kelly and Clapp.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2017-pacific-coast-league-best-tools/

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Didn’t realize Gant’s change was so.good.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

The footsteps grow louder for Mr. Matheny

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

Keeping in mind that is a large league…

Kelly and weaver being named best pitching prospect and best defensive catcher is IMPRESSIVE.

Gants mention tells me bullpen soon for him. Nothing wrong with that.

Everyone loves stubby clapp… I am a bit worried that they might fire matheny and hire him. No real reason just seems like something they would do for a lot of reasons.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

FWIW, Clapp’s career managerial record is 158-107, .596.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I encourage those whose are members to read Derek Shore’s Springfield Notebook today, and specifically Johnny Rodriguez’ extensive remarks on leadership and what he expects from his players. I found it incredibly refreshing.

For example,

“It can happen in the big-leagues. It should be done in the big-leagues, and at any level, there should be an urgency to get better all the time.

“If not, what are we doing? I myself try to get better every day. Teams that win are the ones that have an urgency to get better.”

It was great to see Rodriguez mentioned in the BA survey, though realistically, the experience a 60-something year old baseball lifer brings to the table seems less valued in today’s game run by 30-something Ivy League MBAs hiring first-time managers of comparable age.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the Cardinals replaced Matheny from within I suspect it would be Shildt.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.