Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The pitcher was found dead in his hotel room today in Texas. A terrible tragedy. Skaggs was just 27 years old.

Skaggs last win and second to last game appearance was at Busch a week ago Sunday. Tonight’s game between the Angels and Rangers has been canceled.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

How horrible. My heart goes out to all those affected,

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s some very sad news. Sometimes it really hits you when you’re grouching about the way your team is playing that at the end of the day, these guys are humans too and that they are just as fallible as the rest of us. Im praying for his wife and family in this time.

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Poor Albert has now been through this twice. Hopefully he can help the young guys on that team get through.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The entire Angels team is wearing Skaggs jerseys tonight in their first home game since the pitcher’s passing.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I know this is a hot topic for many, including my millennial sons. The studies show that 1 in 11 marijuana users get addicted to it, and if they start as teenagers, 1 in 7 get addicted. I tried it a few times back in the day, but I never liked the kind of high I got from it. Just didn’t like it. I guess that makes me sort of biased against it. One thing that I believe is getting overlooked with this push to legalize the stuff is the increased health costs of it. With 1 of 11, or 1 of 7, getting addicted, the cost will be astronomical. Then, there is the hidden, added cost of the production that is lost when these people have basically ‘dropped out’. It’s just too much money. I hate having to pay for it.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Opioid use has been on the rise the past 5 years. Fentanyl is something I learned about a couple years ago in a LEAD class. That stuff is extremely dangerous.

I have a step brother who spent many years in prison due to the things he’s do when he was on drugs. No matter how much hard time he got he get out and would be given things to start his life over and would piss them away. When his father passed away when he was in prison he was given a house and money that originally he was to be given in monthly installments that the lawyer for some reason just gave it all to him after a couple of months. He’ll piss that away and have nothing but that house and will likely either end up back in prison or dead. Shame is that his mother (my step mom) knows this as well. His daughter knows it as well who he spent most of his adult life away from her.

You want them to get better and figure it out but some do, don’t or end up dead or in jail. Skaggs never got a chance to get clean because he’s was young.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.