Analysis of each Front Office

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Analysis of each Front Office

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a long but interesting read describing how each front office operates. Well it doesn’t go into detail about every team but it does place each front office on a spectrum chart based on passive vs aggressive and traditional vs progressive. They list the Cards as a passive traditional front office.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So what’s your take on how the STL FO is listed GS?

Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree with the hedging/low risk description but I figured they would be more towards the progressive/analytics side of the spectrum.

jj-cf-stljj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Exactly

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I let my ESPN subscription lapse, so I cannot read the article. How objective is the analysis?

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think they attempted to use objective data to reach their conclusions but I am not totally clear on how they obtained the data. Some teams would be more obvious than others on how they operate but hopefully the data came from multiple sources.

Participant

Free

but I figured they would be more towards the progressive/analytics side

I don’t get the impression the Cardinals are all that advanced in analytics.

When I think of analytically inclined teams, I am thinking Astros and Dodgers. I’ve seen numerous reports of pitchers going to the Astros and being amazed at how they prep them for games. The Dodgers have been using split advantages for years. Neither of those attributes have I heard associated with the Cardinals.

Participant

Paid - Annual

I am just following along the narrative of Dewitt choosing Mo over Jocketty with instructions to operate on more of a build from within approach with an emphasis on analytics. Lunhow actually helped build the analytic department here didn’t he? Is that department now gone?

It is also my impression that one of the things that got Matheny in trouble here was his lack of analytic knowledge or unwillingness to learn.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years