2022 Cardinals MLB Game 85 thread – Thursday, July 7 at Braves

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 85 thread – Thursday, July 7 at Braves

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:20 p.m.
    LHP Matthew Liberatore (2-1, 5.66) vs. RHP Spencer Strider (4-2, 2.87)
    MLB Network // BSM // KMOX

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Don’t rush him back like we did Flaherty. Please.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well, when Matz does come back is it anything to be excited about anyway?

I guess he’s an ‘arm’ like the retreads we used last year…..Lester, LeBlanc, and one other old fart…

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope nobody considers this game a must win. If so they will be disappointed. We are going to get swept by the Braves. I am going to call this one 6-1 Atlanta with the Braves scoring early and jumping out in front. The only positive thing is the next ten games are home games with the Phillies, Dodgers, and Reds. Hopefully we can go 5-5 in those games and stay within striking distance of Milwaukee before they hit their annual hot streak.

We haven’t hit our hot streak yet this year. Hopefully that will be coming soon. But if anybody is hoping for a 17 game winning streak this year, well, forget it.

r/Esteemed Rat

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Good post Rats and let me add I have watched this young arm STRIDER twice and he will rack up 10 plus Ks easy tonight versus our hitters. His electric fastball will overmatch the Cards as they continue to flounder thanks to the inactive FO.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Looks like a chance of scattered showers tonight in the Atlanta area. Let’s hope the rain stays away and we can get this one in. Not that it will do us much good. If there’s ever been a game that’s a sure loss it’s this one for the Redbirds. I am sticking by my 6-1 score with the Braves on top.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

1. Brendan Donovan (L) 3B

2. Juan Yepez (R) RF

3. P. Goldschmidt (R) 1B

4. Nolan Arenado (R) DH

5. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B

6. Lars Nootbaar (L) CF

7. Conner Capel (L) LF

8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS

9. Austin Romine (R) C

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, when Matz does come back is it anything to be excited about anyway?

It depends on if you get excited about a 6.03 ERA.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The ray of hope is that the pen has held together and done good work. Of course, the opposing hitters might have already been worn out from running around the bases.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like us vs electric fastballs. It’s the slurve and changeup guys, like last night, that tie us in knots. 8-7 Cards

bccran
    Participant

Donovan, Yepez, Nootbaar, Capel, Romine, Gorman, and Sosa in the lineup tonight. Should be a barn burner.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I like the lineup change in an attempt to shake things up. This game has all the indications of an s-w-e-e-p. So that means we will likely win it rather easily and wonder where all those tallies were in the first three contests.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

The lack of run scoring at Truist Park is alarming.

Yeah the lineup is comical. Is mail it in Marmol mailing this one before pitch number 1? Stay tuned!!!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And once more this season Cardinal hitters fail in a clutch situation. This one in the very first inning. Going to be a long night folks.

Me and Whitey Herdog are already on the couch with a cigar for this one. Then later tonight after some beef & noodles and chocolate cupcakes we will be on the couch for the Cubs and Dodgers from LA. Along with another cigar or two.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Really might want to think about not putting Gorman behind Nado and Goldy. Last night first inning both Nado and Goldy in base with Gorman getting an out. Need somebody behind Nado that can hit the ball.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Last night, the moment I tuned in they hit two homers, so I haven’t turned on the TV yet. Din din is meatloaf and mashed potatoes with brown gravy. Its a low budget lineup for sure.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Ok, look, somebody give me a bat and a uniform. I guarantee you that I could at least make contact.

That’s nine (9) strikeouts in three innings folks! Every out has been via the strikeout.

WHY DO THESE PLAYERS SWING LIKE MANIACS WHEN THEY GET TWO STRIKES?????

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The ESPN box score shows we have struck out 9 times in 3 innings. That cannot be right. No team stinks that bad.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Great game, huh folks? A fitting start for this lineup with 3 Ks against Strider in the 1st inning, sandwiched around a Goldy double and Arenado walk. Strider follows that up by striking out the side in the 2nd and 3rd innings.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

The ESPN box score shows we have struck out 9 times in 3 innings. That cannot be right. No team stinks that bad.

Arenado popped out to lead off the 4th. Walking back to the dugout, he defiantly said, “Nobody strikes out the side against us 4 innings in a row.”

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And Yepez does it again. Misses a flyball chance down near the RF corner. Not a routine play but one a big leaguer should make.

Why does Marmol keep sticking him in the outfield?????

Liberatore gets out of the 2nd and 3rd with no outs jam, however.

No score after four.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Liberatore smoothly works his way out of a probable 4th inning disaster (them scoring one run is probably a disaster). Runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, and they failed to score.

bccran
    Participant

Yepez is just another example of a player playing out of position. It’s getting to be a circus.
    Also, 1 run scored now in the last 26 innings.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Hicks hitting 103 tonight. Still no score in the sixth.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.