2022 Cardinals MLB Game 81 thread – Sunday, July 3 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 81 thread – Sunday, July 3 at Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The true midpoint of the season…

6:08 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (6-5, 3.07) vs. RHP Zack Wheeler (6-4, 2.89)
    ESPN // KMOX

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

A pox on he who proposed Sunday night games! May he pass the rest of his life under permanent LED lights. Rah Cardinals!

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I just spent way to long searching, and found nothing. I assume not, but did Cabrera have serious symptoms from Covid or just tested positive?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There is a black hole of information, like with Tre Fletcher’s ‘suspension’ on the minor league side.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pen use going back 5 days.

Junior Fernandez (R) 29 0 x 0 21
    Giovanny Gallegos (R) 0 0 x 11 26
    Ryan Helsley (R) 37 0 x 22 15
    Jordan Hicks (R) 28 0 x 0 0
    Packy Naughton (L) 15 18 x 0 0
    Johan Oviedo (R) 0 16 x 0 0
    Zack Thompson (L) 4 13 x 0 0

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Why are we stuck with this Sunday night game? You would think ESPN would want the Padres-Dodgers game rather than ours, especially with no Bryce Harper.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Agree about the Sunday night game. Now I have to watch the Braves and Reds from Crosley Field this afternoon as I eat my lunch.

And speaking of lunch, din-din today will be a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, some Bush’s baked beans, a Mt. Dew, and some freshly made French Vanilla homemade ice cream. Homemade ice cream is always a tradition on 4th of July.

Anyway, me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch for the game later tonight. Along with a couple of 7×50 Palma Real Presidente cigars.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At least we will get more than 2.2 IP out of the starter tonight.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I awoke this morning, after sticking it out last tight to the 8th inning, to read the good news of sneaking
    past the Phils with a run in the ninth. May the baseball gods so treat me again tonight. Rah Cardinals!

As I write this a chicken is roasting in the oven along with some potatoes and carrots. Madame Cif and I, along with daughter and two grands, will afterward attack a raspberry/chocolate cake purchased this morning from the local patisserie. Yum. Then it will be on to a thrilling round of Crazy Eights.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I just spent way to long searching, and found nothing. I assume not, but did Cabrera have serious symptoms from Covid or just tested positive?

I don’t think it was ever officially announced. Maybe it was and I missed it. Reports said he wasn’t injured so people speculated COVID. The longer the unknown continues, the more likely it’s some other non-injury issue besides COVID.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has there been any new info about Yadi? The last was he went back to PR to rehab there or some such. He turns 40 on the 13th.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Yadi was supposed to come back to STL for evaluation and update sometime this week, but that was the last I heard. As for Cabrera, just judging the 40 man roster situation he had to have been on the COVID IL because it doesn’t count against the 40 man and they would have be at 42 if he wasn’t.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Brendan Donovan (L) LF
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    6. Juan Yepez (R) DH
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    8. Conner Capel (L) RF
    9. Andrew Knizner (R) C

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Arenado can spot us a lead here.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A lot of good pitching so far. My ears hurt from the non stop jabber from the ESPN guys.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Real nice start to the DP by Gorman

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Hoskins hurt us there. Gonna have to get inventive to get this one.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well this ones been a pitchers game so far. Good defense both sides. Solo homers the difference now.Wainos looking really good so far.
    Din-din was a quick whip up of Italian sausage spaghetti. Yum-yum. Bet CIF was surprised this morning!
    Go Cardinals!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

This umpire is very accurate

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Love Italian Sausage. I’ll bet it was good spag. I tried fixing once and didn’t do so well. Need some good at bats soon.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Wainwright gets a gift strike 3 on Bohm

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Brewers won 2-0 over the Pirates today at Three Rivers Stadium. Going to be two games out after tonight.

And the Braves lost to the Reds 4-3 at Riverfront. Ozuna and Harris homered in the top of the 9th to tie it but the Reds got a run in the last of the 9th to win it.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Big hill to climb now. Will take a big change with the bats to win this one. Gameday says we’ve had some meatballs missed. Everything Wheelers thrown has been 90+

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Wheeler has been good. Cardinals haven’t missed much because Wheeler hasn’t given them much.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Adam with a game score of 41

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years