2022 Cardinals MLB Game 76 thread – Monday, June 27 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 76 thread – Monday, June 27 vs. Marlins

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    kscardfan
    Participant

Free

He’s better than Rolen defensively and Rolen was great. That is fun to watch.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Yep! That’s two. Another one crushed.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wow double dinger night!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

We need to enjoy it while we can. I fear the fan is going to get really smelly over the next week plus.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Its only baseball Who are we playing next-forgot?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Local guy pitching with his family there – neato. See what you mean KC going to Phillies then to Braves. Phillies just lost Harper and Braves sometimes don’t play us well. Good for us cause Harper jumps right out of bed into both his pants legs on at one time! Everybodyelse puts em on one leg at a time!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great overall game tonight. Miami has some great pitching though we didn’t see it tonight. Their defense is pretty horrible though.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nootbar not getting it done, but with all these injuries it may not matter. Guys are so fragile anymore.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Yes Noot has no business being here. Capel is here so maybe we see him go back down.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

We got alot of guys out don’t we Willie? Remember a couple years ago it was starting pitching.Oh wait- I guess it still is? Really need to figure something out but I’m sure glad we have Mikolas and Waino.
    Great night for us. Lotta new faces which is good. Had alot of hits and Goldy and Yepez had a day! Go Cardinals!

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Maybe that absolutely pointless garbagetime shutout inning tonight will be just the motivation that Ollie Marmol needs to give Jake Woodford a rotation shot, now that Jack Flaherty is out again!

Great game for Waino and the bats. Man, there is some nice young talent on this roster. Too bad the Boy Wonder is managing for the foreseeable future.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Where was this kind of play against Chicago? Why can’t we do this against the stinking Cubs?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s a pretty spiffy win against a very solid starter. Nice to get the opening win. Now let’s go win some more.

Also, Yepez is just a really nice hitter. He could be a Nelson Cruz type of DH for a long time.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Some interesting comments from Bowtie and Jack made the rounds on twitter today.

“we laid out a plan and they deviated from it”

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford getting a garbage time inning is just more disrespect in my opinion. But if Injuries keep popping up, they may not have a choice.

Lee
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You call it garbage time, but its time, nonetheless. He pitched very well his several outings with his velo sitting around 94-95, and his off-speed looks very good. Most of the other pen pitchers really not ready to go it, I think the only other option would have left Naile in for one more, but either way someone had to pitch the 9th. I think management can give him more innings now, as they can claim a victory in sending him down to work on his slider/off-speed, (which he did.), and looks better now. Whatever everyone wants to claim, so be it, just let him contribute more.

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years