2022 Cardinals MLB Game 58 thread – Thursday, June 9 at Rays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 58 thread – Thursday, June 9 at Rays

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:10 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (4-3, 3.02) vs. LHP Shane McClanahan (6-2, 2.10)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Anxious to see the lineup today. I assume Arenado and Pujols will be in the lineup against the tough lefty. Sounds like it’s going to be a Tampa Bay sweep to me. Hope I am wrong.

Din-din today will be a ribeye steak in the air fryer, a baked potato, Mt. Dew, and a piece of Cookies n’ Cream pie. Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch tuning in for this one. Typically I mow on Thursday but my John Deere is at the repair place and I can’t mow.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Oh-oh don’t like the looks of that 6-2 and 2.something era. However our Mikolas is pretty good himself.
    Din-din will be London broil in a roast with potatoes, carrots and mixed brocoli and cauliflower.
    Go Cardinals!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

With you guys signing in with ribeyes and London broils I’m a litle embarassed with my Thursday cheeseburger, potato chips and raspberries. I’ll try to do better over the weekend.

This McClanahan guy looks pretty sharp, handing out strikeouts like Santa hands out chocolate.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

4th inning and we’ve missed alot of meatballs today already. Batting wise we would do better to slow McClanahans rhythm down some. Unless they’re just lookin’ to get out of town?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

O’Niel caught Bader disease. Suckered two ab’s now on outside low outside corner. All balls. Somebody needs to grab him and shake him by the shoulders. Snap out of it man!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Why this team can’t hit the ball, why they can’t score runs, is beyond me………..

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Got 1 run on throwing error.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Are we sure these Rays are playing with the regulation nine men? Seems like whenever we clobber one there’s a Ray right there waiting for it.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

They must have higher walls. Seeing now why Sosa has no home runs. Hes hit a few on the button today but they don’t go anywhere. Hes gonna have to hit to where they ain’t. They must be defense us close in to make all these plays. CIF Probably not afraid of us getting one over their heads

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldy not wantin’ meatballs today!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Once again we hold them to three hits and still lose. Why do you suppose that is?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Could of won it in the 9th. Terrible ab’s. Somebody put LSD in the Gatorade.Great game pitched by Mikolas. Too bad we couldn’t give him some runs. Guess now we get to play some guys more our own speed.
    Go Cardinals!

bccran
    Participant

Someone needs to put a fire under their belly. 2 hits while getting swept?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking things over here after work and I have a question. In the ninth down by one we got a leadoff walk. I that situation it is impetative that the next batter move the runner to second. There is a righty on the mound now, so pinch hitting for Albert is the right move. There were two left swinging batters on the bench, Gorman and Donovan. Gorman with a 33% K rate and .368 OBP, and Donovan with a 13% K rate and .418 OBP. So who do you send up to the plate?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yadi, I need a ball to RF.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Swept right out of the Florida swamp. Thinking I wish we had gotten McClanahan for Rozey rather than Liberatore. Might have been a little more even. But a lot of future to cover before the assessment on that deal is final.

Need to recover this weekend against a poor Redleg ball club.

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

Congrats to the Rays and the 5 players who refused to bow to idols.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

The Cardinals had a bad series against the Rays. However, coming into this game, they were 4th in the major leagues with 4.81 runs per game. League average is 4.3 runs per game.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Winning is all that matters. Runs per game doesn’t matter. Even run differential doesn’t matter. Here is the proof. Right now, as of 6/10, the Cardinals run differential is +43, good for 6th in MLB. The Brewers run differential is +10, good for 17th in MLB. Yet the Brewers are in first place with a winning percentage of .559 and the Cards at .552 are in second place.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

I’d like to know about the shake-up the Cardinals are supposed to have. Edmonds was talking about it during the game and mentioned it twice.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know about a “shake-up”, but there has to be a shake-out or two looming, Jeff. And the first batter up for this has to be T.J. McFarland. If he hasn’t received his pink slip by this coming Monday, I’d be totally shocked. That awful mental mistake of his the other night had to have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. I hate seeing people lose their jobs, but in this case it’s warranted. T.J. has 2.5M 2022 clams to ride off into the sunset with, which is a decent manageable sum to part ways with for both employer and employee.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Pugs,

I don’t know if the Cardinals are the fly in the ointment here (i.e. Matt Carpenter) or if the player is to blame. But I wonder where Mo ranks among GMs in giving bad contracts and I’d like to hear Dewitt’s opinion on that result.

Dewitt must be comparing Mo to GMs in all organizations, not just the Cardinals.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.