2022 Cardinals MLB Game 45 thread – Friday, May 27 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 45 thread – Friday, May 27 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (3-2, 3.60) vs. RHP Brandon Woodruff (5-2, 4.96)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The biggest difference between the Brewers and Cardinals is pitching. The reason why the Brewers seem to win the NLC each season is not Yelich. It is because of their rotation and Hader. I know a lot of folks like to complain about the Cardinal offense but we will not overtake the Brewers until we beef up our pitching staff. And I mean really beef it up, not players like Matz, who is an expensive complimentary piece.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

“Getting Flaherty back will be just like a trade, only we didn’t have to give up players in return!”

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Exactly Brian. You know the front office has that quote cued up and ready to go.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Denton also had this to comment on.

ST. LOUIS — Ryan Helsley hasn’t just been one of the most dominant relief pitchers out of the Cardinals’ bullpen this season. He’s been one of the most dominant relief pitchers in all of baseball.

This a type of guy that give the entire bullpen a big lift. He has been great much to the chagrin of you know who. I’m also a fan of Gallegos, I always feel good when I see him coming in. Read the whole story…..https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/ryan-helsley-on-career-and-teammates

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Far as I can see right now we have 2 qualified starters right now
    Waino and Mikolas. Would be nice to see someone emerge. Been playing alot of up and comers this year but its been starter by committee. Got some relief in Helsley Cabrera and Galleagos. Don’t see enough right now to put us over the top against the good teams. More scoring would help.Go Cardials!
    We have a better era pitcher tonight!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pitch Com. Good grief. I wonder if it can be hacked.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

For the last several years the Cardinals have gone into the season a starting pitcher or 2 short, in reality this years staff is 2 short b/c you are relying on starters with injury history/age/inexperience….not going after two free agent starters this past off season looks like a a critical mistake by management.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

They didn’t have any more payroll room left. A significant chunk of the payroll has been tied up in mistake acquisitions. Every year Mo makes bad signings and they compound year after year. Mo covers this up by keeping them on the roster but knowledgable fans know what’s going on. Because of Mo’s ineptitude they can only address 1 critical need per year while having the 10th highest payroll in baseball.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

13th highest opening day payroll 2022.
    10th is another 20mil more, which is credit they don’t deserve. It’s another 20mil SP’r they passed on acquiring this winter.
    Cots

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
    5. Juan Yepez (R) LF
    6. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF
    9. Harrison Bader (R) CF

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Totally agree about the pitching aspect vs the brewers. The only thing that helps is their offense isn’t that great so we can compete with them. But overall their pitching is a tick above us even if flaherty comes back great and I’m not sure that’s going to happen.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pujols DH vs a righty. I guess Dickerson was a waste of money.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think that lineup is that great. I’d rather have Donovan in there over Gorman against the brewers. I know Gorman needs at bats but I’d rather him be in the lineup when we are facing weaker pitching staffs. Build up his confidence first.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The only thing I can figure is that Pujols has good career numbers against Woodruff. And I can’t foresee that since he’s been in the AL for the last ten years.

Sometimes I wonder what Marmol is doing?????

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How is Whitey doing, Rat?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

She went to the Vet last week. She is back walking normal again. Normal for her nowadays after her bout with IVDD back in the summer of 2020. Fingers are crossed that she continues to do fine. I dont know what I would do without her. She is all I have. Thank you for asking bling.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Seems like a lot of hopes are being pinned on Flaherty. Personally, I’ve still got him on the iffy list.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The frontal system that’s been rotating in the midwest has pretty much moved out of the St. Louis area. Should be past us here in SW Indiana in the very near future. It might affect the Giants and Reds game tonight, we shall see. But the next few days all is clear.

I don’t have a good feeling about this one tonight. I am going to call it 6-2 Brewers.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Matt Carpenter is DH batting 5th for the Yankees tonight facing a lefty.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

AND……Matt Carpenter has already homered for the Yankees tonight!!!

ALSO……WTF is the Giants manager Gabe Kapler think he is doing? Protesting the National Anthem? He says he is not coming out for the national anthem to protest the shootings. WTF is he doing???

r/Esteemed Rat

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“Pujols DH vs a righty. I guess Dickerson was a waste of money.”

And Albert is batting cleanup. Batting cleanup, against a very good righty.

I have just about given up on Marmol at this point. Bader bottom of the order against lefties, Goldschmidt hitting in a non-RBI slot, even when on a tremendous hot streak. And Albert Pujols, with his .500 OPS versus righties over the past two seasons, hitting cleanup against a righty. Good God.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is smoking. Two run homer after bader had singled and stolen second. Bader was close to being out. He beat the throw but front foot slid through bag, pretty close. I think I would have challenged though I know you risk a more obvious play later. I don’t understand guys sliding through bags. It’s not just bader, lots of guys do it. Pop up slide guys or do a better job of gauging when to see to start slide

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson well over 90 pitches in the 5th? What is he doing out there?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea they did that thing where they choose pitches electronically which was supposed to speed him up. Mayve something to do with it. But hes had this issue all season so far. Verhagen in now with bases loaded, can we get out of it

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years