2021 Payroll Rankings

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Payroll Rankings

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Supposedly the Yankees want to stay under the luxury tax this year. We shall see.

The Dodgers may or may not stay under. I think they would like to stay under but they know they have $90M coming off the books after 2021 so they could go over the tax threshold this season and easily dip back under in 2022.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

When the Yankees resign LeMahieu and the Dodgers either resign Turner or acquire Arenado, the story will change in a hurry. I don’t believe for a second that either is done for the offseason.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

agree, emphasis on “currently”

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When the Yankees resign LeMahieu and the Dodgers either resign Turner or acquire Arenado, the story will change in a hurry. I don’t believe for a second that either is done for the offseason.

I don’t think either is done either. The Yankees are currently $26M under the luxury tax and the Dodgers are $21M under so they both still have a little room to maneuver. I agree that LeMahieu will go back to the Yankees. I don’t know if the Dodgers will trade for Arenado but I could see them either bringing Turner back or trading for Kris Bryant. And they need another bullpen piece. Kenley Jansen isn’t that reliable any longer.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

GS, as soon as you mentioned the LAD pen, they re-sign Blake Treinen for 2/17.5mil
    LAD currently at 88.6% of 2020 opening day payroll.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, if I were the Dodgers I would now go after Jeremy Jeffress or Brad Hand instead of spending big on 3B. The bullpen has been the only weak link of their team. They did bring in Knebel though.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Right on cue…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hand is someone I would be very wary of. His velocity has dropped significantly (about 2 mph since 2018), and while he was still effective in 2020, there’s a solid chance he goes Andrew Miller or even Brett Cecil in the next couple of years.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CWS add Hendricks and bring their 2021 total to 98% of last seasons opening day payroll.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

AL Central, current % of 2020 opening day payroll: (1-12-2021)

CWS 98%
    KCR 93%
    MIN 71%
    DET 67%
    CLE 38%

NL Central

STL 74%
    PIT 74%
    CIN 74%
    MIL 73%
    CHC 69%

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.