2021 farm system placements PITCHERS

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 farm system placements PITCHERS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I sense a need for some new topics to discuss. I hope that I’m not jumping the gun but since this is January it would be interesting for us to begin to get a feeling for what the rosters of the Card’s five affiliates will look like when they break camp. I am going to break up the topics into four groups: Pitching staffs – Catchers – Infielders – Outfielders and will start a “topic” for each one.

I have copied the team’s rosters right now by using the TCN matrix (the most accurate to be found anywhere). (I myself have noted the TCN poll ranking for each player included). There are many variables to consider so put your cowboy boots on and start to put your baseball acumen to use and become the one responsible for the prospects’ notifications of where to report. Feel free to add your reasons and opinions to enhance any discussions.

This exercise will no doubt give us an idea of what positions need to be added to from the outside by way of signing free agents and trades… there are some glaring ones. There will also be positions where there is a glut of prospects that can be available for trades.

There will be cuts at some point but I am going to include all the players now on the Matrix rosters. If you want you can put an asterisk next to the names of prospects that you feel will not be included in the compression? of the organization.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Memphis (Those who I don’t think make St. Louis at season’s start)

Woodford
    Rondon
    Oviedo
    Parsons
    Fagalde
    Williams
    Krucynski
    Warner
    Whitley
    Fernandez
    Elledge
    Cruz
    Jones
    Rameriez

Springfield

Liberatore (month or so AA before promotion)
    Thompson (same as Liberatore)
    Seijas
    Roberts
    Shew
    Robles
    Walsh
    Oxnevad
    Dayton
    Peterson
    S. Justo
    Santos
    Escobar

Peoria

Pallante
    Gragg
    Locey
    Ralston
    Yasenka
    Taveras
    Leahy
    Cordero
    C. Thomas
    Pachecho
    Perreria
    Aker
    Sisk
    Aker
    ?(Roach, Schmid, E. Gonzalez, Brettell, DeJesus)

Palm Beach

Prater
    Bedell
    Gingery ( quick promotion to Hi A)+
    Dalatri
    F. Justo
    L. Jimenez
    Solano
    Lunn
    Beller
    Lex
    Guay
    Lardner
    N. T-Iverson
    Schlesinger
    ? (Holba, Black, Tabata, Sommers)

GCL

Cuenca
    Nunez
    Hence
    Heredia (PB promotion)
    Puello (PB promotion)
    Statler
    Hart
    Soto
    Avelino
    Sanchez
    Ortiz
    Morenp
    Garcia
    Panigia
    Saldana
    Ettore Giuilaneli

Participant

If we give up two of Gomber-Rondon-Woodford or all three how will that effect the starting pitching pecking order?

Having Wainwright back clarifies the St. Louis rotation situation but still leaves some competition between Martinez-Reyes-Gant-Ponce for the one remaining spot, plus an unofficial #6. Can Oviedo become that guy? It won’t surprise me in the least.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Losing those guys frees up some spots for others to take in Memphis, and certainly will open up room for Thompson and Liberatore to move freely to Memphis if they start well in Springfield.

In St Louis, I fully expect the rotation to be Flaherty, Waino, Kim, Mikolas and Carlos. Reyes could bump in there if he has a dynamite spring.

In Memphis, I would expect to see Woodford or Rondon (whoever doesn’t go), Oviedo, Parsons, Fagalde, Kruczynski, and maybe Warner.

In Springfield, I would think Liberatore and Thompson headline the rotation (and potentially move up halfway through the season), with guys like Seijas, Robles and Roberts, maybe Pallante or Locey, or perhaps Walsh being pert of the mix.

The others are going to be difficult to figure out and far enough away from the majors that it will probably involve a lot of surprises to us.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cabrera would like to start, also.

I could see a dynamic duo of Wainwright and Reyes pitching in tandem. Wainwright pitches the first 4 or 5
    innings, and Reyes pitches the last 4 or 5 innings.

I was looking forward to watching Gomber continue to develop. I think he will be missed. This trade should provide more innings for Ponce, maybe Cabrera. Gant will always get his innings, IMO.

I’m glad we’ve got plenty of good relievers. With this current mindset of starters only going 5 or 6 innings, they will be needed.

Without Hudson and Gomber, our pitching depth is not as imposing.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

I like the pitching tandem idea! Don’t know if Schildt is ready for that much forward thinking.
    Rotation: 5 starters and Starter/Long Relief/
    STL: Flaherty/Kim/Mikolas/Wainwright/Martinez/PonceDeLeon
    MEM: Oviedo/Woodford/Williams/Warner/Kruczynski/Bostik
    SPR: Liberatore/Rondon/Thompson/Roberts/Parson/Fagalde
    PEO: Robles/Seijas/Pallente/Yasenka/Gragg/Cordero
    PB: Bedell/Prater/Ralston/Gingery/Jimenez/Schmid/Dalatri

Bullpen-ish?
    STL: Hicks/Miller/Gallegos/Webb/Hesley/Gant/Reyes/Cabrerra (Would love to see the last 4 get a shot to start)
    MEM: Whitley/Fernandez/Elledge/Jones/Ramirez/Bosiokovic/Cruz
    SPR: Escobar/Patterson/Shew/Dayton/Santos
    PEO: Oxnevad/Schlesener/Walsh/Aker/Gonzalez/Leahy/Pacheco
    PB: Tavaras/Brettell/Blanco/Pereira/Roach/Thomas/Lex/Justo
    GCL: Statler/Heredia/Lardner/Trogrlic/Hence/Nunez/Cuenca/Villanueva/Sanchez/Beller/Hart/Puello/Paniagua/Saldana/G.J.Rodriguez

Bring on the 1st Rd College Lefty J. Wicks or whichever college pitcher slides to them. To back fill all those starters in PB that hopefully get to move up. There’s a lot of good names in there and probably some that I missed. Not really sure what to do with guys like Sisk/Holba/Soto/J. Moreno.

dblackdblack
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I believe that Bostick in no longer in the organization.

Participant

Paid - Three Months

Interesting. His player information on TCN has Bostick re-signed in Sept, then listed as returned to the T-Bones (Indy Lg). So is he under contract to STL but “on loan” to the T-Bones?

Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the T-Bones recently changed their name to the Monarchs, which is very cool from a historical perspective.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years