2021 Cardinals MLB Game 66 thread – Monday, June 14 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 66 thread – Monday, June 14 vs. Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (4-5, 4.03) vs. LHP Braxton Garrett (0-1, 6.43)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR

ZTR
    Participant

Free

I flipped a coin and it says the Cards will win tonight but Wainwright’s arm falls off ending his season.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We are much better vs lefties, I agree on a Win.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Does Sosa get the start over Carp against the LH?

14NyquisT
    Participant

ZTR….. stop flipping the coin and maybe we’ll win one. (Smiling)

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll go with yes GS, just because of Carps established same side handedness struggles.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Ok, lol.

Will break out and dust off my magic 8 ball.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

We are now what, six games out of first place. All I can say is we better get things in gear and in a hurry or else we might find ourselves ten games out in the near future.

The Reds are in Milwaukee to start a three game series at Miller Park and the Cubs are in New York to face the Mets in a four game set at Shea Stadium. We do catch a break in that apparently DeGrom will indeed make his next start for the Mets on Wednesday night.

Din-din today was a ribeye steak on the grill, some baked beans, a glass of water, and a piece of cookies-n-cream pie. Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch tonight tuning in to this one.

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. In 21 games with the Dodgers and 61 atbats Pujols is hitting .246 with 5 homeruns and 13 rbi’s.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sosa for Carpenter at 2B. DeJong 7th, Sosa 8th

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

My lineup for tonight:

Arozarena LF
    Edman 2B
    Garcia RF
    Arenado 3B
    Grichuk CF
    Goldschmidt 1B
    Molina C
    Sosa SS
    Wainwright P

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Duvall was safe for the same reason Holiday was safe when he never touched the plate in the postseason.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This lineup is a little better than the Chicago series, as you are down to only one below-Mendoza bat, rather than two. But the order is still all screwed up.

With this crew facing a lefty I would have shook things up a little and gone this way.

Edman
    Sosa
    Arenado
    O’Neill
    Carlson
    Goldschmidt
    Molina
    DeJong

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Sosa should be leading off, Carlson 2nd, Edman 6th or 7th

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

Good to see that Yadi can’t be bothered to go do his job as the on deck hitter and tell Carlson to get down. These guys suck right now for a variety of reasons, but laziness and not caring are the most infuriating.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m just glad Sosa got the start. Was disappointed he didn’t get a few starts over the weekend.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards on the board 2-2. Edmund doubles, Carlson moves him to third ona ground out to the second baseman. Goldy drives him in with a single to left.

Nice to see the Cards score and Goldy get an RBI.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Nice strike out and pick off play to end the 7th. Yadi to Sosa to pick Diaz off first on a failed two-strike bunt attempt!

Stpcard
    Participant

Free

Carpenter? Not the answer

colhusker
    Participant

Free

Nice job by Waino again tonight. Been one of the few consistent things this year.

GACard
    Participant

Free

Nice clutch hitting from ONeill and Reyes closes it out

Back in the win column. Usually against the Marlins id just expect it but a win just feels good against anyone right now

So far, O’Neill is the silver lining to the season

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

So far, O’Neill is the silver lining to the season

I would say O’Neill and the four pitchers who pitched tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yeah nice win…..but honestly, I’m just not feeling it. And I so dislike harboring those unemotional sentiments about our Birds. A win at this level vs any team should be cause for cheer and optimism…. shouldn’t it? Maybe this win tonight is the first of 12 consecutive Cardinal wins. Very doubtful with this team. We’re two and a half months into this season and our Cards have only won one series vs what I consider to be a quality opponent. Remember way back last month to that 3 game series in Milwaukee, right before heading to San Diego? Our boys took 2-3 vs the Crew. That’s it. That’s their lone shinning moment as far as series go for the entire season. We can blame some of this on injuries, but let’s face it, even with this 2021 team mostly intact, I don’t think there were going to be any new banners hanging from the Busch rafters come this fall. But this in no way does not mean we lose one ounce of our love for this team. Through thick and thin, we’re stuck with these guys. I just wish they could beat a quality team at least every now and then, if only to give us hope for next year.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow, 10 hits. Guys have to fatten up on the weaklings like that to keep Mo’s computer showing them the luv. Nice to get the W. A little concerning to see Waino needed 105 pitches to get through 6 IP. A P-D article mentioned it was far from a sell out, but I can imagine the Marlins thought it was a nice size crowd. It might be that it is not just the fans who need to adjust expectations.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Is there any possibility that the Marlins see Marte as a better CF than Sierra? Or is this just a satisfy the ego of the star thing?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.