2021 Cardinals MLB Game 139 thread – Sunday, September 12 vs. Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 139 thread – Sunday, September 12 vs. Reds

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    LHP J.A. Happ (8-8, 6.24) vs. RHP Sonny Gray (7-6, 3.88)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSO in TN, KY and MS

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Somebody explain to me how the review/challenge showed that Edman did NOT get hit on the foot by that pitch last night? I thought it was as obvious as it could be.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat, there must have been some doubt in the mind of the people reviewing the replay in New York. It probably did not help that Edmund didn’t do much to sell it or indicate he had been hit.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman not selling the HBP and Bader not reaching a hand in the direction of the bag were mental lapses that may have made the game closer than it needed to be.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Lol, 2 games behind SD and Cincy for the WC2 spot.

NL is just not very deep this year.

Those 2 are 13-14 games behind LA for the WC1 spot.

Cards 15 back of Milwaukee. They just destroyed the division this year.

StL braintrust better be working overtime to sort their mess of a roster out.

Jeebus….

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Happ doing well so far in the 4th but running up a pitch count. Arenado homer. 2-0.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Need a couple more runs here and there so we don’t end up with a cliff-hanger in the 9th !

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lazer Bader why are you reaching out swinging at a low outside curve on a 3-2 count? C’mon man!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Nice game today. Fish musta been bitin’ ststeside today tempting the Cardinal faithful streamside.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Didn’t get to follow the game today but great to see the pitching hold up. Our 3 hit offense is bad though. It looks like Sosa replaced DeJong at some point, any thing happen there?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Nothing useful.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Phillies lost to Colorado 5-4.

Giants beat the Cubs 6-5.

Dodgers lead San Diego 1-0 in the 5th.

Scherzer just recorded his 3,000th strikeout.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Scherzer had a perfect game through 7.1 innings. Dodgers now lead 8-0 in the 8th.

Looks like at the end of the day the Reds and Padres will be tied for the 2nd wild card with the Redbirds one game behind. The schedule the rest of the way favors the Reds. They have nine with Pittsburgh and four with Washington. The four with the Nationals are at Cincinnati.

Somebody explain to me as pedestrian as this team has been all year how they even have a chance at the post-season???

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

That’s what happens when you water down playoffs with wild card teams.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A lot of teams are pedestrianer.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

1 game out of WC2 now.

My goodness….

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It looks like Sosa replaced DeJong at some point, any thing happen there?

Yep, it looks like they’ve successfully cooled off Sosa.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sosa sat out from a sore wrist I think.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

On this post season deal, we are battling three other roughly .500 teams to be the best of the pedestrian lot. But the Dodgers are better than two of the three division winners, so the “other” wild card team will be up against LA, and likely get their hat handed to them in a one game match.

Still you never know. At least we are playing meaningful games, even though they are basically a gimmick to keep the revenues flowing into MLB.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It’s fun having something to play for when your team should be out of it by now. Also, the Dodgers’ whole season could go down the drain in a one game WC playoff. That in itself makes September exciting given the Dodgers’ $200M payroll.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pitchers win today. Not many hits. I like the wild card. Gives alot of teams to compete till the end instead of starting early spring training. One game playoffs is fair for runners up. Not always about whos the best. Usually about whos hot. Like the baby sharks were.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If it could work out that Wainwright pitches the one game I like our chances. If we are neck and neck down to the last couple games of the season, it may not work out that way. We could use the mother of all hot streaks right now.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

WC should be a 3 game series. The one-off crap should only be to break ties.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No din-din revelations from me this weekend, as I promised the wifey a no sports weekend. We return from Door County late tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I’ll squeeze in some baseball/din-din chat on tomorrow’s Mets game thread. If you’re the Cardinals and you get that final WC slot, I don’t know how they ethically can accept it. All season long they have played the game with such little heart and gusto. As much as I love Cardinal baseball in October, I think our team should do the right thing and give the playoff opportunity to the city of Brotherly Love.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.