2021 Cardinals MLB Game 134 thread – Tuesday, September 7 vs. Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 134 thread – Tuesday, September 7 vs. Dodgers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    LHP J.A. Happ (8-7, 6.20) vs. TBA
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSW+ in Oklahoma and Arkansas and BSSE in TN, KY and MS

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Gonna win one against the Dodgers. Is this the one?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Who is starting for the Dodgers?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Yadier Molina (R) C
    6. Matt Carpenter (L) 1B
    7. Paul DeJong (R) SS
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. J.A. Happ (L) P

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Corey Knebel R for Dodgers

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That should “enable” a Cards victory….unless RatsBuddy’s fav reliever gets handed the ball in the 9th, as a show of confidence from his skipper. I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t remember the last Cards team….heck, any team…..that has blown so many seemingly insurmountable late inning leads as we have of late. Until further notice, I won’t be requesting Shildt to call off the dogs, unless we have a double digit lead….in the 9th….with 2 outs….and playing at home….with no balls and 2 strikes on the hitter….and with the winds howling in at at least 40mph…..and the opposing team has already used up it’s entire bench ……and it’s the cubbies we are playing…..and Scwindell just made the last out, so we wouldn’t have to worry about him hitting again unless they batted around….it would only be at this point where I would issue a calling off of the dogs request.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy

6. Matt Carpenter (L) 1B

Unbelievable decision. Carpenter was probably my favorite player of the modern era Cardinals. However, between the completely unnecessary extension Moziliak gave him and the unwarranted playing time Schlidts given him, they’ve made me hate him.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Me too, pads. I wouldn’t go so far as to say I hate him, but he has slid from one of my favorite players to giving me a case of the dreads every time I see him come to the plate. I’m sure he is embarrassed as well.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t understand the lineup. We take out one of our hotter hitters. Now maybe goldy doesn’t hit this pitcher well but it makes no sense otherwise. I guess I can see giving Dejong a starr. I don’t know why nooty isn’t getting a shot, give bader a day off. Out of all the players he’s th one that needs utmost. Far as I know he’s played every game since come ng back off injury

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Carpenter and DeJong batting back to back. There is an easy oh for eight with 5 Ks.

It looks like the Cards don’t want to win. Now I am sure Goldy just needs a day off. But playing DeJong?? Sheesh….

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I figure we can get lucky with any lineup.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson is hitting .234 vs righties, but Shildt puts him up in the lineup no matter. Of course, Edman has an OBP of .315 vs righties and he’s up there too. Maybe that’s the best we can do.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I wonder if Shildt is managing himself right out of a job?

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Is anyone else tired of listening about Pujols by the TV commentators? Arenado gets a hit and Danny Mac talks about what Pujols thinks of Arenado. C’mon, man! I totally get the history and even went to the ‘11 series, but Cards need to beat these opponents. Save the love fest for the post season.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s scratch Reyes off the laundry list of starters for next year.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Zero, literally 0 hits in the past month (26 ABs)…. Goldy on the bench….. down 3 runs in the 8th and he leaves him in to hit. Carp should have been gone in May or 2020 and he 100% should not be playing when there is a mathematical chance to make the playoffs! Why?!?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I wasnt watching. How did Alex Reyes do tonight?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Yeah, I’ve kinda flipped on Schildt. I was in the “hey it was a tough season so he should get another year’ camp but watching his decisions down the stretch have changed my mind.

I don’t think he’s fit to manage a major league team and he needs to go – probably won’t and we’ll be stuck watching another season of asinine, head scratching moves…

This team is truly putrid right now.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Having a SS hitting under .200 and a 1B hitting around .170, who hasn’t gotten a hit in a month is not a good combo to win baseball games….

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat, Reyes got through an inning but gave up a homer.

The Dodgers showed how to get through a pen start when you have an actual pen and a manager who knows what he is doing. They used 9 pitchers, mostly going 1 inning each, so most will be available the next day.

Drew 34,500, so two nice crowds so far.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years