2021 Cardinals MLB Game 127 thread – Monday. August 30 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 127 thread – Monday. August 30 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Well bling it would depend on who you compare him to. If you compare him to say oneil, not a lot of difference since oneil has struggled with runners on. If you compare him to a better offensive choice maybe a bit different but are the Cardinals going to spend money for that.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we are getting lots of rain right now here in southern Indiana.

bccran
    Participant

When an outfielder goes back on a ball instead of coming in, and the ball drops in for a double, how do account for that gift in the batter’s BA, OBP, Slg. %, OPS, and WAR?

forsch31
    Participant

Free

It’s the same for whoever the batter was so I guess it doesn’t matter how that affects any of those stats. It happens to all hitters at different times.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

willie, oWAR would be one way to measure the batter’s contribution/harm to an offense.

bccran
    Participant

The geeks should be able to come up with how to measure that. For any batter.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lester at 77 pitches due up 3rd, does he stay in?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we catch a little break with the ball bouncing over fence, get out of it without giving up any runs.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yep Willie Lester on gives up one run and trusty McFarland puts out the fire. We’re hangin tough but we need some more runs.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

…..He has the potential to lead the NL in both doubles and triples one of these years. I wonder if that coveted feat has ever been accomplished? This question may best be put to Skippy and all of the good people over at the esteemed Elias Sports Bureau.

Pugs, I just got a text from Skippy after posing your question to him. This is definitely a historical Cardinal strong suit.

The Man led the league in doubles and triples in 43, 46, 48 and 49.

Hornsby did it in 21, Brock in 68 and Molina in…wait, check that. It was done in 10 other seasons by non-Cards, with Cobb having 3 of those years to be the player who has done it the second most.

(I couldn’t tell how dated the data was, so there may be more in recent years.)

1982 willie
    Participant

We are getting down to questions time. McFarland stays in, if stays this way, who pitches 9th.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we got somebody else before then, Garcia.

1982 willie
    Participant

That was a ball arenado should have, he could have gotten in front of it, but he slowed up choosing to try to get it from side.

1982 willie
    Participant

Inconsistent zone there mr. Umpire

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! And I thought Skippy & Company only favored me amongst Cardinal Nation posters. Gotta admit that you are a likeable gentleman, Euro. You almost had me with Yadi, Euro. Very surprised that so many have led the league in both doubles and triples….and pleasantly that so many Redbirds have. Expect Tommy Boy to be added to that list within the next 3 years. Thanks Euro Dandy!

Reyes for the 9th anybody? RatsBuddy?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

When I hear the words “9th inning” my hands begin to tremble!!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re a funny man Wooster Cogburn!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I keep telling myself We Got This ….

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Wooster, this season I’ve begun having a shot of Scotch about the middle of the 8th.

Gallegos just closed it. I wonder if Shildt knows he did anything differently tonight?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What a boring bottom of the 9th….no action whatsoever.

1982 willie
    Participant

Nice win, we got the reds on the run now.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

EURO you’re the funny one. I was thinking about taking up drinking again myself. I bet the guys in the clubhouse switched Schildts scorecard making him think it was only the 8th inning. Hes probably ready to put in Reyes wondering why everybodys leaving!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Ha. Let’s hope the clubhouse pranksters have more tricks up their sleeves for this series.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

2 1/2 out of WC2.

Win the next 2 and things will be interesting indeed…

GACard
    Participant

Free

Crazy we’re still in this. I guess no one wants it. Schedule gets tough so it would be nice to be a little closer. I’m not gonna complain about a W vs the reds though!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.