2021 Cardinals MLB Game 122 thread – Wednesday, Aug. 25 vs. Tigers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2021 Cardinals MLB Game 122 thread – Wednesday, Aug. 25 vs. Tigers

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Steve60
    Participant

Free

DeOut, I love it! He has no idea what the strike zone even is! Just terrible!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

I think we were very lucky to win this one. 5 hits today from Goldy, Edman and Nooty. Goldy 2 dingers. Only relief to give up ER was our closer to let them tie-up the game. Great defense our offense is still not good.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I totally agree about DeJong. He is playing himself out of a job at SS for St. Louis. There are going to be some free agent shortstops this off-season, we need to pursue one and move DeJong.

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Did not watch this, but saw an ugly box score. 5 hits and 14 Ks! Yikes.

My advice – bench DeJong, move Goldy down in the order to 3 or 4, and pitch Garcia and Cabrera more than one inning now and then.

Do that today and you probably win in 9.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It would make sense to play Sosa from here on instead of DeJong. Probably hit .250 and we take a bit of a hit on defense. But there are about 18 million reasons why that will not happen.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Funny……nobody is saying much about Alex Reyes and his performance today.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well didn’t get to watch game. End result was good, starting pitching wasn’t bad, but blown save and lots of strikeouts. Just a hard team to just enjoy watching even if like me, making playoffs isn’t a big deal.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat, everyone knows Reyes lost the closer mojo. Its not his fault Shildt puts him in a position to fail.

bccran
    Participant

Last 28 days for HB –
    .174/.242/.198/.440
    0 doubles
    1 triple
    0 home runs
    0 stolen bases

He and DeJong are voids in the lineup. 25% of the position players in the everyday starting lineup. Ouch.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

they said there were like 75 fans at this game..it was really empty

even with the heat and any other excuses that is extremely bad

i feel they keep; trying to excuse their way out of the low attendance using COVID to cover the poor product on the field

COVID matters…heat matters…school back in matters…poor product even matters…

but 75 fans…and the team is 3.5 out of a playoff spot?

Changes better come….major changes

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not sure who “they” are, but 75 is not accurate. Announced attendance was 24K, but fewer were there. Anyone with tickets that gave them an option to stay inside did so because of the extreme heat.

The bigger points are valid, though.

They may or may not make public excuses, but the diminished coffers will present them with a dilemma.

Will they go against the grain and spend more to try to right the slide or use the financial downturn as justification to contract the player payroll?

This will be a very interesting off-season.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Kinda like the 70’s.. Bad Baseball means no attendance in small market. On the plus side when I come to town in Sept I should be able to walk up and get a great seat for cheap. Three game set. Sept 8, Sept 9th Dbl Header.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

they said there were like 75 fans at this game..it was really empty

It was stated that there were fewer than 100 in the bleachers. Maybe that is what you were referring to.

GACard
    Participant

Free

I was talking to a buddy who works in FO for an MLB team and usually has positive things to say about almost everything. Said I was surprised the Cardinals were still in the WC race and his response was “me too, that roster STINKS.”

Thought it was an interesting perspective from someone involved in the game. Take it FWIW but I was surprised to hear that kind of response

He’s also been very high on Jordan Walker and Masyn Winn since we drafted them

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years