2018 St. Louis Cardinals predictions

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 St. Louis Cardinals predictions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This may be a sore spot around here, but even the most die-hard of fans will concede that making the play-offs would be an overly optimistic call. The team isn’t built to get there.

I will offer one prediction right now: Wainwright will come off the DL and go on to have a good season… the team will re-sign him with a lucrative 3-year extension. Thus warding off any further decline to their fan base. The FO will continue to trade off the upper-tier MiLB starting pitchers because they don’t have room on the roster, preferring to wait for the abundance of pitching talent at the lower levels to blossom.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I disagree with having to be “optimistic” to think they have a shot at the playoffs.

you can be pessimistic if you want, but trying to posit your pessimism as being somehow a fact for EVERY fan or baseball writer seems pretty narcissist

i have looked at several “prediction” news stories and many if not most have the Cardinals in the playoffs and even in the ones where they arent they have them “in the hunt” for the playoffs

If you would have said what you said about winning the division…then i think you may have been on to something

the fact that you start with an insult to the team and it’s makeup as not being worthy of the playoffs…then you push on to try to attack the FO again by insinuating a deal that is ridiculous only furthers that your bias against the FO and the team in general not being what you want is absolute and undeniable

i may be the most optimistic poster around here, but even when i take off that hat and look objectively to “others” opinions it is pretty clear that one doesn’t have to be an optimist to think this team has what it takes to make the playoffs

at some point if all you can do is hate on and prognosticate future things to hate, don’t you have to reevaluate your decision to participate?

As i said before, do what you want, but dont think just because you feel a certain way that you have the right to transfer those feelings to the entire fanbase…and i you do i have every right to call you on it and state my feelings with just as much fervor

now respond that my opinion doesnt matter and that i drink kool-aid or whatever slander you want to throw… i just hope you realize that nothing you say about me matters at all…

Participant

Paid - Annual

It isn’t unreasonable to think the Cards can be a wild card team. I do think it is very overly optimistic to think we are going to overtake the Cubs this year. I see us as an 85-89 win team which should put us solidly in the wild card hunt. If Mo would do something big at the trade deadline that could change the outlook.

I don’t know what kind of year Waino will have but I would be very surprised to see him get a three year extension. If they won’t bring back Lynn why would they bring back Waino? I don’t like contracts based on appreciation and legacy. We have too may young pitchers on the horizon.

Participant

Paid - Annual

After the Holland move today I might revise our win total to 87-90. Should make us a solid wild card contender.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinalsā„¢ and minor league system for over 20 years