2018 Reg Seas Game #84 – at D-backs – Tue 7/3

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #84 – at D-backs – Tue 7/3

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Arizona get a 2 run HR to push the lead to 6-2 in the 8th, guess we’ll be 2 games over 500 after tonight…

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

PHAM UPDATE
    3 for 40
    11 for 68
    23 for 124
    78 games 80 strikeouts

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The 4-2 loss drops St. Louis to 43-41 on the year. Brewers and Cubs both won so the Cards tie their season-low point at 6.5 games back in the division. They are fifth in the race for two wild cards, 3.5 back.

bccran
    Participant

Fowler, Pham, and Wong. The troubled (and troubling)
    trio.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bc, so what happens if those three were to be traded or let go?

Will the team suddenly start to play better? Chemistry will return?

I guess I’m not quite certain where to assign the blame here.

NJ315
    Participant

Wong 1.4 WAR
    Pham .6 WAR
    Fowler -1.2 WAR

Keep Wong he helps.

bccran
    Participant

Give Schrock a shot. Some have passed along rumors that he’s not that good defensively, but he only has 3 errors so far this season at Memphis.

bccran
    Participant

25 – let’s settle on guys who give 110% every single day, aren’t lazy
    at the plate and in the field, don’t swing for the fences every time, put the team first, aren’t complaining, and don’t throw their bosses under the bus publically.

14NyquisT
    Participant

If Fowler and Pham leave we’ll be left with two rookies in the OF. That COULD be a good thing. Certainly, at least Fowler needs to get out of STL. Pham has been a mystery guy ever since he turned pro like 10 years ago. You can never predict when he’ll be up or down. The Cards have gotten some of the up times…. who knows what’s next.

Wong will not be with the Cards in ’19 unless his second half sees him hitting MUCH better.

If you speak of chemistry… things will only improve with the changes. Presently this team is not a play-off team…. more of the same clubhouse issues spell decline. There could be some slight improvement with those three gone but at least ’19 will look brighter.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I could get behind that, bc…except for the Schrock idea. He hasn’t done anything in Memphis to show that he would hit any well in St Louis, and he’s definitely not going to be better than Wong in the field.

Unfortunately, this team doesn’t have the luxury of hiding a bad bat in the lineup. It’s really amazing how so many players have gone through absolutely awful stretches and the team has stayed above .500 somehow.

NJ315
    Participant

You can’t take out your best defensive player either. Let the not so good defensive players pick up the offense.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Wong’s value is defense at a key position, and that is fairly significant. I still think he will hit this year, but he certainly has struggled.

Rather than Schrock, I think Matheny will use Munoz some at second when DeJong gets back.

Bottom line though, Wong (on offense), Pham and Fowler are all better players than they have shown so far this year. They most likely will be better over the course of the season, so if we trade low on them it could be a mistake. If I am in management, I ride out the year with them, and make decisions on the roster in the off-season.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Schrock just seems like a guy who puts the bat on the ball,doesnt walk a bunch,doesnt strikeout a bunch.Average glove.Wong sure isn`t hittinbg but he still plays mostly good defense except for the sometimes brainfart on routine plays.Who knows if there is a realistic solution to what is wrong with this team.Fowler certainly has played his way into the doghouse with his lousy offense and defense and lack of effort.Pham has played back to his normal level ,Gyorko has not gotten started and now Ozuna fading somewhat.All in all a truly mixed up non-functional bunch. JMartinez can hit but his defense? What will MO/ Girsch do?

bccran
    Participant

Ozuna, Bader, and Martinez in the OF
    Carp, Schrock, DeJong, and Gyorko on the infield.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wong 1.4 WAR
    Pham .6 WAR
    Fowler -1.2 WAR

Keep Wong he helps.

One of those three plays outstanding defense. Who could it be?

I agree. Keep Wong! Dump the other two.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ozuna, Bader, and Martinez in the OF
    Carp, Schrock, DeJong, and Gyorko on the infield.

I’d go with OF of Ozuna, Bader, and O’Neill and IF of Carp, Wong, DeJong, and Gyroko

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I like your thinking, Cranny! Wong is just wrong and Schrock is the rock! And my sincere condolences to you and your collegiate squad, GScott!! I was really rooting for them. I still don’t believe that foul ball off 1st base that wasn’t caught….but I don’t even know if one particular professional 1st baseman I know of, would have corralled that ball.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Pugs. It was a tough break.

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.