2018 Reg Seas Game #68 – vs. Cubs – Sat 6/16

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #68 – vs. Cubs – Sat 6/16

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    NJ315
    Participant

Martinez walks Bryant. It is never easy.

NJ315
    Participant

Contreras bunts??? He beat it too.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It’s time to get Martinez out. He has labored all night again. There’s not much there to keep him in any more. Cubs have tied it, 3 all.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m afraid you may have called it, Euro. Game now tied with Chicago looking good to add on a couple more.

NJ315
    Participant

They tied it.

NJ315
    Participant

He needs to k Russell

NJ315
    Participant

and he does

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlos escapes. Game still tied….whew!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

So Martinez does recover after yielding the lead. The strike out of Russell was very big. He threw his two best fastballs of the night. Where has that been?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Boy! It almost looked like Pham beat that throw to 1st on that routine grounder to short.

NJ315
    Participant

Hendricks gets through the 5th.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like Ozuna is locked, cocked and ready to rock at the dish. Looks very confident. I get the feeling that little hard round baseball looks like a beachball to Marcell’s eyes right now….just as I say this he Whiffs hacking away.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hendricks throws absolute junk. There’s no reason he should ever strike anyone out. Not to mention, he isn’t exactly pitching in the zone tonight.

NJ315
    Participant

Gomber in.

NJ315
    Participant

Gomber impressive.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Has Gyorko’s stock ever fallen over this past month. We should have dealt him last month…… but who would have ever guessed that his bat would have grown so totally limp. Gomber gives we Cardinal fans some much needed relaxment with a 1-2-3 inning.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gyorko has always run hot and cold. He’s bad now but could hit .300 with 15 homers in the second half.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dexter! Walks to leadoff the Cardinal 6th in a 3-3 ballgame. This may very well be Dexter’s best game of 2018. What is he….1-1 with a couple walks. I think for me, Wong has replaced Fowler ad Enemy #1.

NJ315
    Participant

Bad base running by Fowler.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Fowler is just as stupid as he is bad. I gave him credit earlier on the base paths, but now it’s obvious that was just blind, dumb luck. What an idiot.

NJ315
    Participant

Wong up. Wong out.

NJ315
    Participant

Voit to pinch hit

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh oh!! Looks like just like that, Fowler surplants Wong again as Enemy #1, as he ignorantly tries to take liberties on the base paths and is out from me to you at 3rd base on a base knock….what in blazes was he thinking!

NJ315
    Participant

Voit k’s

forsch31
    Participant

Free

The way Gomber looked in the 6th I would have let him hit and kept him in the game for the next few innings. If we are still tied the next time he hits, pinch hit for him then. Otherwise, maybe he can give us 4 IP and save the rest of the bullpen.

And LHH Rizzo leads off the next inning.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.