2018 Reg Seas Game #17 – at Cubs – Mon 4/16 (PPD)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #17 – at Cubs – Mon 4/16 (PPD)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:08 p.m., RHP Adam Wainwright (0-2, 5.06) vs. LHP Jon Lester (1-0, 4.40), FS Midwest/ESPN/KMOX

Update: With the Cubs cancellation on Sunday, their Monday starter is now RHP Tyler Chatwood (0-2, 4.91).

Participant

Free

Oddly enough I may be able to watch this game, and without a cable channel as some of my local programming can get preempted by Cubs games and Red Wings games, probably due to my area being the Cubs AAA affiliate…can only hope that Wainwright pitches well and the weather is okay…and today is my younger brother’s 35th birthday…

Participant

Paid - Annual

We were 5-14 against the Cubs last year. If we have any chance at the postseason that has to change so yes I consider these next three games very important even if it is April. We need to send the message that we aren’t going to be the Cubs whipping boy any longer.

One of the most challenging aspects of this series might be the weather. They have had blizzard like conditions the last few days.

grayssportsalmanaccgrayssportsalmanacc
    Participant

Free

If we could win this series that would be great, if take one out of 3 im still not that upset..their pitching has been subpar but they are also facing waino and wacha..if we could somehow get quality starts out of them in the first two games i like our chances with rizzo on the DL

edit: not even quality starts as much as just 6 innings…6/4er would be ok

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is a big early series. The Cubs have been scuffling a bit so far. A good start by Waino tonight would be a great start to the series, as the second matchup of Wacha/Lester doesn’t appear to be in the Cards’ favor and Weaver/Hendricks should be a good even match. To get two of three would be great.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cold and snow in the forecast for Wrigley. This early in the season, with so many games/series left, and only 200 miles apart, I suspect this one might get postponed. Chances are I will be watching an episode of Charlie’s Angels tonight instead.

r/Rat

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

I’ve been adding double headers to my affiliate’s schedules all week…. actually two weeks.

Participant

Free

Thats a 5 game series right after the break.

I thought they weren’t allowed to play night games at certain times of the year? Other than the playoffs I dont think i’ve ever seen a Saturday night game at Wrigley.

Participant

Paid - Annual

From my understanding Rizzo is no longer on the DL and is being activated for this series.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years