2018 Reg Seas Game #130 – at Rockies – Sat 8/25

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #130 – at Rockies – Sat 8/25

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:10 p.m. RHP John Gant (5-5, 3.76) vs. RHP German Márquez (11-9, 4.42) FOX Sports Midwest/MLB Network/KMOX

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Crazy game last night. We “cut the cord” on cable in March 2017 after I got laid off from my long-time corporate job, and MLB blacks out local games so no television viewing for me. I listened to the KMOX broadcast, listening to a good chunk of the game while taking a night-time bike ride.

That Rockies rally had me so nervous I just kept riding, much longer than I had planned. Fortunately Martinez stabilized things out of the ‘pen, and Hicks bent, but did not break.

Watched the condensed version this morning. Those are some crazy uniforms they had last night. Usually the Cardinals do not go in for that sort of thing, but I am sure this is an MLB deal.

Will be listening again this evening, then out to the park tomorrow for some old-fashioned day baseball.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve been at the edge of my seat in anticipation of hearing of RatsBuddy’s 9-ball tournament. Rat has been strangely silent over the past 24 hours which can mean only 2 things…..either he is shooting out of his mind and thus finds himself going very very deep in the tournament or he got knocked out lickity split and marched right back to his hotel room to watch Perry Mason reruns until the crack of dawn and is still kopping zzz’s as we speak. I opt for the later.

Hey Bike Mike….that moonlight bike ride while listening to KMOX sounds mysteriously enchanting in an odd sort of way. I just may try that tonight which should excite many here as that means no game thread posting for yours truly tonight.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Yasiel Pugs,
    I went two and out in the 9B tournament. Lost 7-3 and then 5-1. That was the first tournament I had ever played in. I was nervous, couldn’t think straight, a lot of people watching, missed shots I normally make in my sleep, missed the 9B once, scratched off the 8B once, couldn’t get used to the 7-footer as I normally play on a 9-footer. All in all, a good learning experience.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Carpenter and DeJong need to get it going. Cubs win again over the Reds today.

r/Rat

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Blackmon almost looks like a Blackman with that half gallon of eye black he’s sporting under his eyes….and I thought my wifey loads up on the makeup sometimes…..I think Charlie wears more makeup than Mrs. Blackmon.

Pugs, meant to tell you that comment was hilarious. They say there’s always some truth in comedy. We’ll see if Blackmon loads up again tonight. Ha!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

4 LHB lineup for our boys.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I thought Matheny was fired? Yet here we are with Fat Adams rolling around in the dirt at 1B and hitting clean-up!!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Textbook inside-out by bozo

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Total hose job by the 1B ump on what should have been strike 3 against Arenado on an attempted check swing. Gant had to throw 9 extra pitches but escaped the 4th without yielding a run. I thought this ump crew also put the screws to the Cards on at least a couple check swing calls last night.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I cringe every time Greg Garcia plays. The problem with having him as a bench guy is every now and then you need the bench guys to actually play.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cards dodge another bullet in the 6th. Bader’s misplay in CF led to runner on 1st and 3rd when the inning should’ve been over. Scoreless game going to the 7th, but this game has a feel of being impossible for the Cards to win to me. Seems like a lot is not going their way.

Having said that, Adams leads off with a walk.

NJ315
    Participant

Holliday homers 1-0

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gant had the results tonight. 6 and 2/3 shutout innings and just two hits……until Holliday PH and blasted it to the cheap seats. Cards now trail 1-0. Gant get the final out to complete the 7th.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

2-1 Colorado on back to back hits.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Cards tied the game with Bader abut Yadi stinks and can’t get runner home from 3rd with one out and then Hudson stinks and in three pitches gives up the lead and 3 later gives Rockies a 3-1 lead kids not good at all

858booyah
    Participant

Free

3-1 Rockies on a double by Aranado.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

On a 0-2 pitch just bad pitch actually lots of bad pitches for Hudson tonight.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

And Cecil still stinks

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I see @therealBrettCecil showed back up tonight. Can we DFA him yet?

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I guess Gyorko, Yadi and Martinez having such poor ABs with a runner on 3B in the 8th doesn’t seem like such a big deal now. 9th inning has turned comical. Mayers coming out due to injury. I’d let Greg Garcia pitch.

IntentionalEwok
    Participant

Free

Well, that escalated quickly.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Too bad Martinez was not available to pitch. I know it appears to be hindsight, but he would have been my choice to open the eighth inning in a tie game over Hudson.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Matt Adams picking up where he left off in a Cardinal uniform, oh-fer 3 with some bad looking whiffs on 3 strikeouts. Add to that, he also whiffed on a grounder in his first chance to field a ball since his return.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.