2018 Reg Seas Game #103 – vs. Cubs – Fri 7/27

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2018 Reg Seas Game #103 – vs. Cubs – Fri 7/27

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

I assume Micholas will pitch Saturday? Does anyone know if it will be Gomber.or Poncedeleon on Sunday??

NJ315
    Participant

Cubs win 7-6. Let’s trade Norris to Arizona.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

For the past couple seasons, we’ve tried getting bullpen help through trades and free agency like Broxton, Cecil, and Holland but they come to us and never live up to what they did for their previous teams. In some cases they struggle with us and find success with other teams like Kelly, and cishek. I don’t know the status on either but Seig and Rose look better right now than Cecil and Holland.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Looks like we might have to face Cole Hamels if the reported trade with the Cubs goes through…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unless they (cubbies) acquire not one……but two quality starters before the deadline, this team will be at home with their families long before the trick-or-treaters take to the streets. It’s going to bring great joy to watch these cubbies go down in post season play with nary a wimper just like last October. In the meantime lets make life miserable for them on our turf. Lets let the kids play. I especially like watching how the youngsters play vs our arch rivals, as I think it reveals much about their makeup as ballplayers. The real gamers always seem to put that extra umph on display in these sort of heated series’. Bader strikes me as the kind of player who would rise to the occasion vs the cubs…..he needs to start kicking it into high gear vs these guys! Poncedeleon has “cub killer” written all over him too. We’ll find out soon who our gamers….and lamers ( cough cough…Weaver so far vs Chicago ) too are.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

Hamels is just more of a name now in comparison to when the Phillies were trying to trade him a few years back. Even we were seeking him in a trade. Other than the first year, he really hasn’t lived up to expectations with the rangers. In fact, I think the Phillies benefited more from that trade in the long run.
    I’m with you Pugs… I too would like to see our youngsters get more playing time. It wont happen but I’d like to see for tomorrow’s game…. Weaver for 3 or PC 50, Poncedeleon for 2 or 30 pc, Gomber for 2 or 30 PC… Close it out with Hicks and Norris.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Those of you that might recall will realize that almost always when I make a prediction I am spot on. I have one for tonight. Weaver will be dealing and pitch a gem tonight. Remember where you heard it. Sometimes these things just come to me. This just came to me earlier.

r/Rat

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

Great premonition rats.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not only would I bet the ranch on a strong RatsBuddy hunch, but I would also pony up…..all of the ponies residing within the ranch. I cannot begin to tell you how much coinage I’ve banked over the years with Rat’s Picks of the Century! And it is as plain as the nose on Jimmy Durante’s face that Rat is hot to trot on tonight’s game. I urge you all to get on the hot line immediately with your bookie and make all of your wildest dreams come to fruition. Thanks once again, Rat!!!!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Weaver with two quick outs, then two opposite field singles to put runners on 1st and 3rd.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

strong 2nd.

NJ315
    Participant

They need to score here. Capitalize on the error.

NJ315
    Participant

Bad at bat by Munoz

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

They need to take advantage of those opportunities. Agreed NJ…

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rizzo crushes Weaver out to right. 1-0

NJ315
    Participant

Now Rizzo homers…argh

NJ315
    Participant

Bad call on Marp

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

Paul De has been due for awhile

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy Pham has one homer since July 1. Jose Martinez’s last HR was June 30. Marcell Ozuna’s last HR was June 16. Jedd Gyorko has only two HR since June 11. The power outage for most of the offense has really been an issue.

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

reminds me when Fowler hit that game winning homer off Heywards glove back in April. Not a homer but a triple works

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, since I was looking up those stats, Dejong hit one off Heyward’s glove, followed by a Jmart single and an Ozuna single. 2-1 Cards

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

nice piece of hitting from Martinez and Ozuna.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That’s now two double plays for the Cards, Jmart on a 3-1 pitch in the first and Pham on 3-0 there.

NJ315
    Participant

Good inning except Pham swinging 3-0 to hit into DP. But good news 2-1 Cards

2011 seems forever
    Participant

Free

Not a good call to swing 3 and 0. of course if Pham gets a hit… it becomes a great call.lol

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.