2017 MLB Game #94: Cards at Mets: Wed July 19

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #94: Cards at Mets: Wed July 19

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mike Leake (6-7, 3.14) vs. Jacob deGrom (10-3, 3.48) 6:10 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What do you posters think about the Cubs at this point? Are they about to make their run? I’ve been waiting for this all season from them. They have now won five in a row? I don’t think we can afford another sweep at Wrigley this coming weekend but its starting to look like a definite possibility.

It would sure help if we can steal one from DeGrom and the Mets tonight. Me and Whitey Herdog will be tuned in.

r/Rat

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Stanton #30 today. He is on a homer hot streak. This one in the bottom of the 1st. Who knows, might be another one before the day is out. Would love to see those at Busch!

r/Rat

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Brian,
    Any scuttlebutt being tossed around in the Big Apple about Stanton? He yanked #30 today.

r/Rat

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I keep hoping to see Sierra gap one to see him show off that incredible speed. I’m sure he will grow into a bit more power and we should get to see some triples. Maybe tonight, although deGrom is tough.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No, Stanton talk seems more fan-driven.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

With heavy Hispanic population in NY, so is the media. Sierra was especially popular today doing multiple interviews in his native language.
    Magneuris Sierra

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

DeGrom is tough, but beatable. Need to get to him early. DeJong, Wong, Sierra in 6-8 slots will be the difference makers.

Participant

Free

We’re not even out of the 1st inning and already down 2-0…not good…

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Leake should probably stay out of the middle of the strike zone.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Another one of those nights with a lot of sloppy baseball and there’s just one out in the 2nd inning. Cards have already buried themselves this game, down 5-0.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pirates just tied Milwaukee 2-2 in the bottom of the 9th. Milwaukee is in a tail spin and the Cubs are hot. By this time next week the Cubs will probably have a 3-4 game lead. The NL Central is history folks.

r/Rat

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t get to watch the game tonight but perhaps taking Carpenter out was a mistake. Probably would have preferred him and his bases loaded acumen over Voit in the potential game tying situation. Hopefully he wasn’t injured?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No, I don’t think there was an injury. Several other starters, including Molina and Fowler, were also removed when it got to 7-0.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Glad they removed Fowler. Poor guy needs his rest.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years