2017 MLB Game #138: Cards at Padres Tue Sep 5

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #138: Cards at Padres Tue Sep 5

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Michael Wacha (10‐7, 4.20) vs. Travis Wood (3‐4, 5.47) 9:10 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Love these late night west coast games for the Cardinals. And the Reds, WhiteSox, and Cubs too. I’ll tape this one tonight for viewing later this winter when I need my baseball fix.

Anxious to see the lineup for tonight. Wonder if Wong will be leading off again?

r/Rat

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Bader
    Grichuk
    DeJong
    Martinez
    Molina
    Piscotty
    Valera
    Mejia
    Wacha

Were kind of handcuffed at the moment. Garcia shouldn’t play against lefties, Fowler’s hip and Wong’s back. Martinez has been swinging sort of a hot bat when he gets playing time but he’s glove and footwork make him an accident waiting to happen.

I would really like to win this game tonight

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Rumor has it Wong has been sent back to STL to be looked at.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On a good note, the Cubs lose again at Pittsburgh by the score of 4-3. And Milwaukee trails at Cincinnati by the score of 7-1 late in the game.

We could only be four games out of 1st after tonight, and right on the heels of the Brewers.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

But still 3 games out of the WC

Bader smoked the that one section and 15 rows up from me. Lol

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 3rd, Cards up 6-4…

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 7th, Cards up 7-4…

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Cecil is in!

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Well Cecil didn’t screw this one up and Cards win 8-4…

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kind of impressive that we got the win with our roughlty top 5 hitters out. Carpenter, Wong, Gyorko, Fowler, and Pham are all OPSing over .800.

Who will we get back tomorrow? My guess is Pham, Carpenter, and Fowler. Hopefully, Bader can slide to LF to play over Grichuk and perhaps Carpenter can play 3B so Martinez can stay at 1B.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Actually, Martinez has been our most productive hitter. However, any lineup with both Mejia and Valera in it that still scores 8 runs is a miracle.

Could be an interesting month for Valera and Mejia as they may very well be competing for one 40 man roster spot for the off season.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carpenter is definitely out apparently.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

I am liking Martinez at first base. His defense there seems better than in the outfield, although that is not saying much as he is a butcher in the outfield. But he actually does okay at first, and his bat might be the best on the team.

We might want to play him every day the rest of the way and see what we’ve got, although Matheny rarely does that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.