2017 MLB Game #121: Cards at Pirates Thu Aug 17

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #121: Cards at Pirates Thu Aug 17

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Adam Wainwright (12-5, 4.87) vs. RHP Jameson Taillon (7-5, 4.50) 6:05 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Participant

Free

Cubs were down 9-0 and the game is now tied. Unreal.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I saw that Pads. I wondered if the Cubs would make it back. Its now 12-10 Reds in the top of the 8th. C’mon Redlegs, pull this one out!

r/Rat

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Reds win 13-10. Chance to gain a game for the Cardinals and the Brewers, and the Pirates.

r/Rat

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carpenter
    Pham
    DeJong
    Fowler
    Molina
    Gyorko
    Wong
    Grichuk
    Wainwright

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wonder which Waino will show up tonight.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wainwright has allowed five runs through three innings. Weaver has been up in the pen twice already.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Derrick Goold openly questioning the manager’s moves on Twitter.

“Rain’s coming. Pitcher’s spot leads off next inning. So, naturally, Luke Weaver enters game, replacing Wainwright just in time.”

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

WHY is Wainwright only throwing in the low-mid 80s? Is there something wrong with him???

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Two walks in T5th and both score. DeJong with an RBI single off the LF wall, but stood at home plate watching it and got thrown out at second. Fowler RBI single and Cards close to 5-4. Rain coming down pretty hard as the game heads into B5th.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Wainwright was taken out for a physical reason.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

With five innings complete, the tarp is out and the game is in rain delay. Bucs up 5-4.

Participant

Free

Top of the 7th and we’re now up 7 to 5…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Long, long HR just inside LF line by Pham increases the lead to three. Cards up 8-5 in the 9th.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Pirates crew said Pham’s HR was 440 ft. This has been a nice response after what happened last night and getting down early in the game tonight.

Participant

Free

Bottom of the 9th and we’re up 11 to 5…

I wonder if Wainwright will now have to visit the DL again and if it’ll be Weaver to replace him or someone else…

colhuskercolhusker
    Participant

Free

And Oh is Oh NO tonight

Participant

Free

Nice win, the bullpen is going to be mess without Rosey closing like he was, but this team can’t continue to get behind early in gAmes and expect to keep coming from behind, it was great they did last night but can’t keep expecting it

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

It looks like the difference between us winning the division and not will greatly hinge on whether or not we can come up with a strong late inning pitching combination.

We might need a white knight, a “1964 Barney Schultz” to ride in and literally save the day. Is that guy out there, or on the roster right now? We will see. I think Brebbia or Tui are candidates to be that guy, although neither made a strong case for themselves in their most recent outings.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Like Wainwright possibly come back as a 1inning hero? Are his issues that he has to go multiple innings?

Not saying I like it but he has the mentality to do it as he showed in His early age and his years I think might make him wily enough to do it again. If he can’t get a pitch up to 90 though I don’t see it.

Could Hudson Flaharty or Alcantara or any of the other kids make the jump? Sometimes an unknown youngster late in the season can be a force as the hitters will get few looks and video can only do too much.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years