2017 MLB Game #119: Cards at Red Sox Tue Aug 15

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #119: Cards at Red Sox Tue Aug 15

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mike Leake (7-10, 3.48) vs. Rick Porcello (6-14, 4.63) 6:10 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Participant

A slight bit of good news. Chris Sale is pitching against the Yankees tonight (Sunday).

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Well the streak had to end sometime. We need to keep playing steady baseball – just keep winning series; don’t lose more than 2 or maybe 3 in a row the rest of the season. Avoid the long losing streak, and we’ve got a good chance at the division.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Cubs have the Reds at Wrigley for four games this week. Then they have Toronto at Wrigley for three games. They may very well sweep the Reds. And when you consider how bad the Reds are and with our tough week this week, who knows, we might be five games out after next Sunday. This is a key – CRITICAL – week for the Redbirds.

r/Rat

CardsRedSox4EverCardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

This is another “critical” week for the Cards, but they all are when you’re within reach of the div lead. I listened to the Red Sox game today against the Indians, and believe they are very beatable. Their relief pitching is not stellar, and their hitting can be inconsistent (sound familiar?). The radio commentary seemed to express some concern about facing the Cards, and that a DH in place of Mike Leake was probably not a big advantage due to his batting skills. I somewhat disagree. Gyrko or Voit (haven’t seen the lineup yet) would be a suitable DH, and an advantage.

Participant

Free

Can Jedd play 2 games in a row? I hope if he can this is the lineup.

Carpenter
    Pham
    DeJong
    Fowler_(He has hit well in the clean up spot)
    Gyorko
    Molina
    MArtinez-DH
    Grichuk
    Wong

I’d take a split in Beantown and 3-4 against Pittsburgh. Although a .500 trip is likely.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Absolutely. Fowler represents a strong power bat together with his high BA. will strike fear into the Bosox pitching. I can see them pitching around him to get to Gyorko.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sorry. I was so busy at the ballpark, I forgot to post the lineup. Cards down 1-0 midway through four. Molina just hit into a triple play.

Carpenter 1B
    Pham LF
    DeJong SS
    Fowler CF
    Molina C
    Gyorko 3B
    Wong 2B
    Martinez DH

Participant

Good grief, can we not get Weaver or somebody to replace this bum Leake in the dang rotation? He is killing the Cards.

Participant

Free

Bottom of the 5th, we’re down 5-0, bases loaded with 1 out…

Participant

Free

New to the board. Hate to bring negativity but Mike Leake is a plague. Fenway has never been great to the cards either

Participant

Paid - Annual

Leaks has been better than Wainwright most of this season.Leake has definitely hit a rocky streak lately.Damn I hate the BoSox.Cards seem to play like crap in that dump.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Typo with Leaks.Sorry about that.

Participant

Mike Leake has a terrible losing record as a Cardinal. Please, any defense of him seems somewhat ridiculous right now.

Participant

Free

Bottom of the 6th and we’re down 9 to 3…

Participant

Paid - Annual

Typo again.Leaks.Typing without my reading glasses.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Leake ERA by month –

April – 1.35
    May – 3.09
    June – 4.30
    July – 4.76
    August (before tonight) – 5.73

Bad signing.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Disagree Wagee 12.He was the only pitcher doing anything good earlier this season.He has been rough lately but its not like he has the 1927 NY Yankees hitting behind him.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards got him to be a solid reliable pitcher who could start every 5th day.He is what he is.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And Stanton crushed another long homerun tonight. #44 on the year. Six games in a row.

He’ll look good in a Cardinal uniform.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Danny Jackson was a bad signing.Tino Martinez was a bad signing.Bob Horner was a bad signing.Minnie Minoso was a bad trade.So I don’t consider Leake a bad signing.Fowler was a bad signing IMHO.Way overpaid when cheaper options could have been signed.

Participant

Free

Top of the 7th and we’re now down 10 to 3 after Cecil walks in a run and Molina was replaced by Kelly and Voit is now the 1st baseman…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, GACard. You picked a rough night to join. In fact, you may have lost your chance to be our Rally Poster! 😉

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

FWIW, average run support and team record in games by starter this season:

Wainwright 5.4, 14-8
    Martinez 4.8, 12-12
    Lynn 4.5, 12-11
    Wacha 4.5, 11-11
    Leake 4.4, 11-13
    Team average 4.7

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sox win 10-4.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years