2017 MLB Game #116: Cards vs. Braves Fri Aug 11

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #116: Cards vs. Braves Fri Aug 11

This topic contains 27 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Euro Dandy Euro Dandy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Adam Wainwright (11-5, 5.00) vs. Mike Foltynewicz (10-6, 3.94) 7:15 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carpenter 1B
    Pham LF
    DeJong SS
    Fowler CF
    Molina C
    Gyorko 3B
    Wong 2B
    Grichuk RF
    Wainwright P

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Will Matt Adams be in the lineup for the Braves? Assume he will get a nice ovation when he strolls to the plate the first time. Most should remember his homerun off of Kershaw in the 2014 playoffs.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Adams is in left field. Motte and Sam Freeman also in the bullpen.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

This series should be an easy sweep. But let’s see where we are Sunday night. Cubs in AZ, so could close the margin if we play well.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Reports are that the Marlins have been sold to Jeter’s group, here’s hoping that we play well tonight…

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If I know DJ like I think I know DJ (Derek Jeter) he will want to move payroll. And that means we could see Stanton in St. Louis by the end of this month.

r/Rat

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Cards aren’t going to want to pick up that tab, especially now that they are making some headway. Just not the Cardinal Way to sign a marquis player mid-season. I don’t sense desperation from the FO which is what that acquisition would take. They view the season differently from us. But we’ll see.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

His contract really isn’t all that bad. Especially since he’ll undoubtedly opt out in 2020

Bringing in a young power hitting superstar is hardly a desperation move. I just don’t see anything happening until the offseason.

The deal has just been agreed to right? Not the actual deal being finished right?

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Yeah it’s not fully done yet, they’re sending the paperwork to MLB offices to look it over but I’d say that unless something comes up it’s all down to just needing time to get all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed…

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wainwright created bases loaded and no out jam in the third, but escaped with just one run in. Cards up 4-1 after three.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Offense knocks out Folty in the 3rd, including a Wainwright RBI. 6-1. Waino then had a 1-2-3 fourth.

bccran
    Participant

Good managing again tonight.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That WORTHLESS Cecil comes in and gives up hits and a homerun. He allows four runs and now all of a sudden its a 6-5 game in the 6th.

WHY IS CECIL EVEN ON THE TEAM????

WHY ISNT HE IN MEMPHIS?????

r/Rat

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    TexasCard
    Participant

Free

Right until Brett Cecil. Ugh…

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I mean seriously, what is the reason Cecil isn’t in Memphis? Is there some kind of contractual reason he’s never been sent down? There is no way you even let him in a game unless the Cardinals are either ahead 10-1 in the 9th or behind 10-1 in the 9th.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Cecil is quickly becoming a HUGE failure of a signing, he’s being far overpayed for what he’s done on the field, and don’t we have him signed for like 2 more years…

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cecil had a 3.66 ERA coming into the game. But once even Matt Adams, who can’t hit lefties, got an RBI hit, he should have been taken out. Eight guys in the pen but one stays in long enough to give up four runs.

Got to put players in a position to succeed.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Brian Walton Brian Walton.
    bccran
    Participant

The pity is that Albies is a slightly built (5′ 9″ 150 lbs)
    little 20 year old kid who was just called up from AAA Gwinnett a little over a week ago. Cecil should hang his head in shame.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Cecil has high entertainment value for games that appear to be out of reach for Cards’ opponents. How many times do you have to get burned playing the Cecil card when you’re up in a game before you decide it’s a really bad idea. Cecil’s only role right now should be pitching in games we’re getting blown out. We carry 13 pitchers, right?

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

His pitches are always up.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

bccran

Participant

Good managing again tonight.

Once again he leaves in a pitcher too long.

I guess your dig about his managing came a little too early.

Euro Dandy
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

It was good management, followed by poor player performance.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

The sad thing is that we’re paying Cecil FAR to much to simply pitch in mop up roles…

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

After a poor night last night and throwing a bunch of pitches tonight, Cecil should have been out before Albies batted. The 2 previous hitters singled. Don’t risk making this a close game with a bunch of available relievers.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years