2017 MLB Game #110: Cards at Reds Sat Aug 5

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #110: Cards at Reds Sat Aug 5

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar bccran 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lance Lynn (9‐6, 3.20) vs. Luis Castillo (2‐4, 3.56) 6:10 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Jose Martinez to the rescue!

NJ315
    Participant

Our clean up hitter is back!

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Giancarlo Gyorko got a hit last night so now he’s back in the cleanup spot. We would be about as good if we had Tyler Greene in the cleanup spot. He hit a double once, ya know.

And the Cubs down the Nationals today by the score of 7-4. Need a win to stay 4.5 back.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

No reason to be concerned, right?

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And the Cardinals won the World Series in 1926. Their first of many.

r/Rat

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Two lead off walks in the top of the 1st against the 4th worst team in baseball and can’t get a run across. This is our life now, folks.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

And Reds quickly on top with a Votto solo HR.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

DeJong hits his team-leading 15th home run of the season. Cards up 2-1 through 2 1/2.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

DeJong hits a 2 run HR so we’re ahead…for now…

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Lynn doing his thing through six, but the offense is not giving the pen much room to work. We’ve all seen this script before.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Well, I was wrong. Reds starter hit Wong in the head and the seventh inning went out of control for them. Cards up 4-1 with two outs.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Cards up 4-1 after scoring on a passed ball, which led to an enormously too-long replay review. After play resumed, the Reds’ broadcast analyst asked why the Cardinal base runner was still at 2nd after Voit scored from 3rd on the passed ball, and then talked about the Cards’ season-long travails on the base paths. I had just wondered that myself when I saw the TV base indicator show we had runners at 1st and 2nd instead of 2nd and 3rd. Of course, the base runner at 2nd was Carpenter. He has a surprising and extreme lack of instincts on the bases for a guy who evidently studies the game so much. Didn’t matter though since Gyorko followed that up with a K.

Oh holds them in 7th, so we need two more good innings out of the pen.

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And, of course, in the 9th Trevor “I’m-a-disaster-waiting-to-happen” Rosenthal makes it interesting by giving up a walk, a single, and then going 3-2 on Peraza before he bounces to short and is out by two whiskers at 1stbase.

4-1 St. Louis the final.

Wasn’t much of an effort by the Cardinals – again.

r/Rat

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Good to see them win, but this was way harder than it should have been. One pitch away from giving it up in the 9th, not like that’s ever happened before. Now string 20 of these wins together and I’ll be a believer in this season again.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

We all know how tomorrow plays out.

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

How does tomorrow play out?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years