2017 MLB Game #106: Cards at Brewers Tue Aug 1

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #106: Cards at Brewers Tue Aug 1

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by colhusker colhusker 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Carlos Martinez (7-8, 3.52) vs. Jimmy Nelson (8-5, 3.38) 6:40 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If we are going to get anything out of Piscotty this season now is the time. Would love to see him go on a tear, that would help our miniscule chances a great deal.

r/Rat

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

I wonder how long it’ll be before the front office says something to the effect of getting Piscotty back is like a trade…and again if we don’t go on a tear I wonder how far we have to fall before the front office actually does something to make the team better…so far the last three big contracts that they’ve given out to Wong, Cecil, and Piscotty have fallen flat and Fowler unless he ups his D and stays healthy would be added to that list…

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Second inning and we’re already down 3-0…glad we didn’t make any trades…note sarcasm…

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

This series is the season, for both teams. So far, looks like the Brew Crew is the only team that realizes it.

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

3-2 in the 5th. Good base running tonight. Even Wong’s out at the plate was a good attempt which needed a well executed throw. Cards inching their way back in.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Another example of Carlos Martinez not living up to his hype, billing, whatever you want to call it. The word Ace does not apply to him in any way, shape or form. One of the biggest games of the year and he’s walked five and given up three earned runs early.

Whether anybody wants to admit it or not, Martinez simply cannot be counted on and is, at best, a #2 starter. We need an Ace right after we sign a big bat.

r/Rat

mspaid
    Participant

Rats:

One question, please. What big bat?

CardsRedSox4Ever
    CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Concur. He’s not a big game pitcher. Looks like he doesn’t know how to put a game plan together, just throws the pitch Yadi gives him, and not well some nights.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, Giancarlo Stanton, of course. We are going to acquire him during the off season once Miami’s new owners make it clear they want to cut payroll. Piscotty, Weaver, and Grichuk to Miami for Stanton. That’s the plan according to the Rat

r/Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

QUESTION:

I had a date tonight with a goddess so I missed the first 6-7 innings. I saw a brief replay of Wong being thrown out at the plate. It was clear, from what I saw, that the catcher was pretty much sitting in front of the plate, blocking it, not giving a lane. Did the Cardinals argue or challenge the play?

I also sort of wondered why Wong didn’t just run him over.

mspaid
    Participant

Congratulations on the date. No they didn’t challenge. Part of the Cardinal Way. You don’t try at the deadline and you just take everything lying down in the game.

colhusker
    colhusker
    Participant

Free

Congratulations on the date. No they didn’t challenge. Part of the Cardinal Way. You don’t try at the deadline and you just take everything lying down in the game.

Now I was told that they were really close to a lot of trades. Granted the next line was we were waiting for others to make deals first.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years