2017 MLB Game #102: Cards vs. D-backs: Thu Jul 27

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2017 MLB Game #102: Cards vs. D-backs: Thu Jul 27

This topic contains 19 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

TBA (Luke Weaver) vs. Zack Godley (3-4, 3.32) 6:15 p.m. FOX Sports Midwest

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

With a win in this game, the Cardinals would reach .500 for the first time since June 2.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Cubs are now in 1st place all alone after Milwaukee lost to the Nats 8-5. Big, BIG weekend series in Milwaukee this weekend as the Cubs head to Miller Park for three games. Then another BIG series as the Cardinals come in for three.

r/Rat

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How good has Rosenthal been lately Rat?

Over the last month of games, he’s had a 1.93 ERA with 12.5 K/9 and just 3 walks.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

When Rosey is good, he’s very good. Like any pitcher, it is all about commamd. If he’s right, he dominates.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Looks like a chance of severe weather in St. Louis. Wonder if tonight’s game will be postponed.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

After scoring seven runs in the 8th last night to beat the Brewers the Nationals now have a 12-1 lead in the 4th today. Cubs are going to fly past them, and more than likely so will the Pirates and Cardinals. Brewers will end up in 4th place.

And per Bike Mike’s post above, anybody know what the weather is like in St. Louis today?

r/Rat

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It started raining last night at about 3 AM. There was a gentle rain going on until about 10 AM. Its been overcast all day. Looks like some more clouds are rolling in which could mean more rain. I doubt that the game will be postponed unless its for only an hour or two.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

Cards now just one back of the Brewers in the loss column. Of course, smart money knew the team to beat would be the cubs, who are rolling since the AS break (10-2) and have made a significant move to improve an area of concern.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Anyone else notice that 7 of the 9 Cards starters tonight have spent time in the minors this year?

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

No, but 3 out of 4 of your up the middle players were minor leaguers several months ago.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

I wouldn’t count rehab assignments, which would make it just 6 I think…but if you’re going to count rehab assignments, then I think you could say 8 out of 9.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

We’re down 4-0 in the 4th after the Diamondbacks hit a grand slam…

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Weaver looked strong 1st time through lineup, then a leadoff double and a couple of walks and JD Martinez made him pay.

EuroWolf
    EuroWolf
    Participant

Free

This one didn’t line up to be a high probability chance for us. The one bad inning killed Weaver, but it looks like it wasn’t really going to matter tonight.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To me, Weaver seems destined for the bullpen once Reyes returns next season.

Reyes just has a lot better stuff.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

As long as he comes back from surgery well…

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

How often does any team get by without a sixth starter? Seems like at least one starter goes down every spring. Weaver will get his chance, I predict.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years