As year-end approaches, it is once again time for my view of the top 20 stories across the St. Louis Cardinals Nation during this calendar year. As has been the case previously, the countdown begins with story number 20 and will continue until number one.
I will then wrap up the series with my prediction for the top five Cardinals stories of 2014 and audit how well I did in attempting to predict 2013’s biggest news items one year ago.
This placeholder post will carry the links to all 20 stories. A link to it as well as the top stories of 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and my start-of-year predictions for 2013 can be found via the Lists > Top Stories of the Year dropdown, located on the red bar near the top center of the page.
The Cardinal Nation blog’s top 20 stories of 2013
20. Matheny’s extension
19. Oscar’s ongoing ouchie
18. Beltran walks again
17. Eventful external minor league ownership
16. Missing Motte
15. The Craig-Adams two-step
14. Peralta, PEDs and penalties
13. Steady, unsteady rotation middle
12. The Freese-Bourjos trade
11. Young bullpen guns
10. Seamless closer transition
9. Chris Carpenter finally gives in
8. Wacha’s emergence
7. Miller’s puzzling rookie year
6. La Russa’s unanimous Hall selection
5. Wainwright’s continuing leadership
4. Matt Carpenter’s rise
3. Molina’s MVP bid
2. Back on top of the National League
1. Stan Musial’s passing
A look back at the top projected stories across the St. Louis Cardinal nation in 2013 from last January.
“Past predictions: TCN blog’s top five Cardinals stories of 2013”