Minor league thread – Fri 6/7

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Fri 6/7

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar PugsleyAddams 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Memphis at Reno, 9:05 pm CT, Evan Kruczynski (0-1, 6.63)
    Springfield at NW Arkansas (2), 4:30 pm CT, Jacob Patterson (4-3, 4.76)/Williams Perez, (6-2, 4.84)
    Palm Beach vs. Charlotte, 6:30 pm ET, TBA
    Peoria vs. Cedar Rapids, 6:35 pm CT, Alvaro Seijas (4-4, 2.96)
    DSL Blue vs. Phillies Red, 10:30 am ET, TBA
    DSL Red at D-backs2, 10:30 am ET, Angel Cuenca (1-0, 0.00)

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No doubt Sosa is currently on a tear and hitting for power too. He has been a streaky hitter most of his career. Yay… 2 in a row for the Redbirds and 3 out of four. But they should be way better than 26-36. Ravelo continues to bash.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sosa batting average:

April .338
    May .187
    June (1st week): .381

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Speaking of streaky, hopefully Toerner has turned the corner after a bad month. He hitting around .400 at one time. If Sosa could add a little more pop, he might be a good trade chip. Sosa will be out of options next year.

Talking Sosa makes me look for Allen Codoba and Luis Perdomo. I am guessing they are hurt, or at AAA. Goes to show you that taking inexperienced players usually doesn’t pay off.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sosa doubled, tripled, and homered last night.
    He also doubled, tripled, and homered the night before.

I’ve got my AARP card and a real good baseball memory, and I don’t recall that ever happening before, for the Cards or anyone else, in the minors or majors. It probably has. In fact I’m almost sure it has. But I never heard of it.

Sosa in AAA last year:
    Home OPS .529
    Road OPS .893

Sosa in AAA this year:
    Home OPS .595
    Road OPS .910

Those 54 away games for Sosa (2018/19 combined) weren’t exactly in the best PCL hitter’s parks either. They include just three each in Vegas and Colorado Springs, two in Salt Lake City, none in Albu-Q, and one, last night, in Reno. I have a feeling that Edmundo is held down more than the normal amount by AutoZone Park, not unlike how Tommy Pham was disproportionately killed by Roger Dean Stadium when he played multiple seasons for Palm Beach.

Edmundo just turned 23 a couple months back, and I still give him a slightly better chance than Tommy Edman to be a starting MLB shortstop for someone for a few seasons. Edman (one year older) however has the better chance of being an MLB player, due to his baserunning value and speed-related defensive versatility. Tommy is a natural bench asset — always has the platoon advantage when called upon to pinch hit, can also pinch run, and now looks to be adding “outfielder” to his glovework resume. I’d have them both in the 200-250 range among all prospects.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

JMart tracking a fly ball always spikes the ol’ blood pressure a few points.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oops wrong thread

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years