Mayers Leaves Cards via Waivers, C Hudson Dropped from 40-Man

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Mayers Leaves Cards via Waivers, C Hudson Dropped from 40-Man

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mayers has good stuff but could never really make it work for more than short stints. He also got kind of shell shocked in that first start of his career and didn’t seem to recover after that. Hopefully he fares better with the Angels.

As for Hudson, I’d think with the guys moving through the system he’s little more than filler.

1982 willie
    Participant

nothing big. mayers was average at best and struggled a lot. Hudson is only good as a third backup far as I can tell. hopefully mayers will do better out west and Hudson can find a team to take him.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Mayers is the prototypical AAAA pitcher

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Mayers does have great stuff, but cannot seem to keep healthy enough to stay on an active roster. I can see him putting together a real good year or two in his career, but do not think he will have the stamina to be consistently effective for several consecutive seasons.

At the same time, I can Also see him being status quo and going from one organization to another over the next few years.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Too bad Mayers could never harness his stuff and be a consistent bullpen guy.Hudson is a serviceable guy to have at AAA.I suspect he might come back and if not I expect another veteran AAA type to be a NRI for Spring training.Now just get Fowler the hell out of town.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mayers is a classic AAAA guy. JUst quite good enough for MLB, despite having quality “stuff”.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I always liked Mike Mayers and wish him well with the Angels.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.