2020 Cardinals Game #8 – Sun 8/2 DH at Brewers – postponed

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2020 Cardinals Game #8 – Sun 8/2 DH at Brewers – postponed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Sunday, August 2 1:10 p.m. at Milwaukee Brewers
    Dakota Hudson (0-1, 8.31) vs. RHP Adrian Houser (0-0, 1.80)
    FS Midwest // KMOX

This game has been rescheduled as a doubleheader, making up for Friday’s postponement. Games will be seven innings each. Rejuggled pitching matchups are TBA.

Sunday, Aug. 2, on FOX Sports Midwest and FOX Sports Midwest Plus:
    • Cardinals-Brewers Game 1 will air on FOX Sports Midwest and FOX Sports Midwest Plus.
    o Pregame coverage will start at 12:30 p.m., with first pitch at 1:10 p.m.

• Cardinals-Brewers Game 2 will air on FOX Sports Midwest Plus.
    o Game 2 will start 30 minutes after Game 1.

• Blues-Avalanche will air on FOX Sports Midwest.
    o Pregame coverage will start at 5 p.m., and the game at 5:30 p.m.

• This topic was modified 5 days, 23 hours ago by Brian WaltonBrian Walton.
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Realisitic take on these games from a Brewers beat writer…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Can we just end this insane thing they are trying to call a season? It’s a disaster…seven inning games, a runner at second to start extra innings. They might as well use multi-ball from Futurama. They tried to have “something” and it failed. Nobody’s fault…just pack it in and come back in February.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

MLB’s formal release this evening.

Due to additional testing and monitoring of the St. Louis Cardinals’ players and staff members, the Sunday doubleheader between the host Milwaukee Brewers and the Cardinals at Miller Park has been postponed. The Cardinals will play four games against the Tigers in Detroit from Tuesday-Thursday, including a Wednesday doubleheader. The Cardinals and Tigers will serve as the home Club for two games each at Comerica Park. The Brewers will play this week’s home-and-home series vs. the Chicago White Sox as scheduled.

Major League Baseball will continue to provide updates regarding its schedule.

Participant

Free

They keep teasing me. I was sure the season was lost. Then they gave me just a little taste of baseball, only to snatch it away again with promises of more games real soon. This is injurious to my health. My mental well being. I was prepared to go cold turkey. But then they once again dangled hope. I don’t envy the folks of baseball in their task. But I don’t have that many seasons left. Wifey has unplugged the TV and handed me a bag of books. Oh dear! I fear I will not see a Tiger next week. I guess I’ll go wash my mask.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

CiF, I feel very similarly. I would prefer the season be canceled right now to being on the yo yo like it has been.

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What about the games coming up this week? Are they going to be postponed also?

r/Esteemed Rat

bicyclemikebicyclemike

Paid - Annual

It may come to what Nate said. It is pretty much a joke to just get going and then have cancellations.

My guess is that at some point this week the league will regain some momentum, or the plug will be pulled.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years