Trades/Free Agent Signings Timetable

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trades/Free Agent Signings Timetable

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bccran 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

When could we possibly expect to see trades or free agent signings begin to occur? I am not sure when these things normally occur or if they are somehow subject to regulations or restrictions as far as when they can occur. Would it possibly be at the Winter Meetings? And if so, when are the Winter Meetings?

Just curious as to when we might expect things to start happening.

r/Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Technically I think transactions can begin five days after the World Series has concluded.

The Winter Meetings are December 10-14 but transactions can occur before and after they are over.

I might also add that we already have a Trades, Transactions,etc… thread at the top. That might be more appropriate instead of starting a new thread.

thejager
    Participant

I am thinking we might see NIcasio signing on the first day we can. the management seems enamored by him

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

We could sign Nicasio today if we wanted. We dont have to wait. He is not a FA yet.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

I would only expedite a signing of Nicasio if it was below market. Their will be a plethora of RH late inning relivers on the market, many better than Nacasio. I have no sentimental attachment to Nicasio just because he was here for a month.

gscottar
    Participant

I would sign Nicasio ASAP. I thought he looked very good. Not sure I would want him as a closer but he would be a great 8th inning guy at a minimum, assuming we are assigning roles to our relievers.

thejager
    Participant

CC

good point…forgot about that

bccran
    Participant

Always good to sign a player you already know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.