Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018

Viewing 25 posts - 801 through 825 (of 2,872 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe I am too impatient, but I will consider it a failure if we do not add someone TODAY. Like Ozuna and/or Colome at least. Management has had weeks to get this done. DO they think other teams asking prices are going to all of sudden drop? Those are 2 pressing needs. I also feel opening up a roster spot or 2 through trade for some young Rule 5 candidates. There are several intriguing prospects available.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The dominoes are starting to fall.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Grichuk to TAM? I guess Piscotty deal is done. Bader to MIA with Alcantara?

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

I sure the heck hope Bader is not in the MIA deal heard it was 3 lesser prospects and Bader is NOT that for sure

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Regarding the whole Piscotty to A’s rumors, Khris Davis is estimated to make 12M in arbitration this year, Piscotty will make $1M. What about Piscotty and Bader for Davis? Saves them a ton and sends them a RF and CF for cheap and with a lot of upside…… I wonder if Davis could play 1st?

I’m very curious how other teams/GM’s value Pham? Has anyone heard anything in regards to that?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gallen, Sierra, and Castano are other 3 minor leaguers in Ozuna deal. Sorry to see Sierra go, but the others don’t hurt as much.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

With a roster space now open, it will be interesting to see if the Cardinals make a selection in the Rule 5 draft tomorrow

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

None of this week’s moves are final, meaning they have had an open spot all along. Same end result; just a different way of getting there.

Seems to me they dragged their feet on closing with Gregerson for this very reason.

Will net even on trades/free agents to date this week, with Sierra and Alcantara out and Gregerson and Ozuna onto the 40-man.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

It would be kind of funny to grab Nick Cuiffo in the Rule 5 and then trade Carson Kelly for Alex Colome

DRaysBay proposed trade

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Anyelo Gomez seems intriguing

Possible relief pitchers

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Nestor Cortes
    Different write up

PadsFS
    Participant

Cishek, Kniznler, and Rodney off the board today from the relievers group.

PadsFS
    Participant

From the relievers group. The ones that are left include: Davis, Logan, Holland, Norris, Reed, and Watson, as well as Duke and Oh.

We don’t need a LH reliever so Logan and Watson are out. FA-wise, it looks like Reed or bust to me.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think we snag Davis, at least I hope we do.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think we should sign Addison Reed, and seek a trade for Longoria and Archer. Maybe Gyorko, Kelly, and Fernandez for those 2.

mbusapp
    Participant

Free

Rather than trading prospects for Donaldson or Longoria, why not move Carpenter back to 3rd and sign Hosmer? Another left handed bat would balance our lineup. We have made deals with Boras in the past.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Because carp is beyond bad at 3rd

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

i’d rather see carp in left and sign hosmer.

and yes, that means giving away fowler. i realize i keep repeating things like that because it’s so bloody obvious.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

I really hope that we’re not done with the trades or have to wait for weeks/months to get more of them…

14NyquisT
    Participant

There was a story on the home page about the Cards signing C Fransisco Pena. I’m thinking that Pena is more to Molina’s liking, as opposed to Kelly, and will become Yadi’s protege. This opens the door wide for Kelly to be sent packing. Any teams out there looking to develop an elite catching prospect that is MLB-ready?

The Cards have not made much of an effort in developing him going forward, au contraire, as it stands, signing Molina for three more years has taken some quality years from Kelly’s career that should be spent absorbing MLB-level style techniques. Matheny doesn’t have the time to help the kid and Molina seems not to be willing. Another FO screw up, didn’t they see this coming?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

In parts of four seasons in the majors, Pena has a grand total of 60 plate appearances. I would not count on him to be the MLB back up unless there is an injury to Molina or Kelly and they are forced to add him to the 40-man. I consider him a Triple-A insurance policy.

I never say never, but trading Kelly seems unlikely, unless it was a huge deal.

14NyquisT
    Participant

There was a story on the home page about the Cards signing C Fransisco Pena. I’m thinking that Pena is more to Molina’s liking, as opposed to Kelly, and will become Yadi’s protege. This opens the door wide for Kelly to be sent packing. Are there any teams out there looking to develop an elite catching prospect that is MLB-ready?

The Cards have not made much of an effort to developing Kelly going forward, au contraire, and as it stands, signing Molina for three more years has taken some quality years from Kelly’s career that should be spent absorbing MLB-level techniques. Matheny doesn’t have the time to help the kid and Molina seems not to be willing. Another FO screw up, didn’t they see this coming?

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

I really hope that we’re not done with the trades or have to wait for weeks/months to get more of them…

Logan: They must find a closer. If they don’t sign a quality closer then the Ozuna deal was for nothing. But don’t expect much more action. They have the bat, starter and the bullpen pitcher they wanted so they’re close to being done.

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

They need more than just that.

PadsFS
    Participant

14NyquisT

There was a story on the home page about the Cards signing C Fransisco Pena. I’m thinking that Pena is more to Molina’s liking, as opposed to Kelly, and will become Yadi’s protege. This opens the door wide for Kelly to be sent packing. Any teams out there looking to develop an elite catching prospect that is MLB-ready?

The Cards have not made much of an effort in developing him going forward, au contraire, as it stands, signing Molina for three more years has taken some quality years from Kelly’s career that should be spent absorbing MLB-level style techniques. Matheny doesn’t have the time to help the kid and Molina seems not to be willing. Another FO screw up, didn’t they see this coming?

I have gotten the complete opposite feeling in how Molina (and Matheny) relates to Kelly. Hasn’t Kelly been following him around like a puppy dog the last few spring trainings. Francisco Pena will be 28 next year and while his 27 AAA HRs one year is kind of intriguing, he seems like the definition of replacement player at the catcher spot. I think I mentioned earlier this year, I’d like to see the Cards get a Hanigan-type if they trade Kelly or a Rosario-type if they keep Kelly and Knizner to play with Knizner in AAA.

Viewing 25 posts - 801 through 825 (of 2,872 total)
  • The topic ‘Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018’ is closed to new replies.