Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018

Viewing 25 posts - 2,776 through 2,800 (of 2,872 total)
  • Author
    mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This move makes sense, IMO. The Cardinals’ 25-man roster is almost set, and I would say that they have little inclination to stash a Rule 5 pickup there for an entire season. So they took Meisinger off waivers, and they don’t have to meet any requirements to keep him. Maybe a fresh start and new coaches will get Meisinger to stop losing baseballs. Maybe he will get better. A full 40-man roster means that its unlikely that they will sign a free agent during the winter meetings, which they probably weren’t going to do anyway since the prices (dollars and years) on free agent haven’t started to come down yet. And if I understand correctly, after the Rule 5 draft, they can make room for a free agent on the 40-man roster by removing any player who still has options left from the 40-man roster.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Any player they remove from the 40 man roster – options or not – would need to clear waivers for the Cardinals to retain control.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

So, MLBTR is reporting that the Yankees, Mets and Marlins might be teaming up on a 3 team trade with Realmuto going to the Mets, Syndegaard going to the Yankees (I presume) and prospects going to the Marlins…

Which got me thinking: Cleveland and Tampa are two of our best potential trade partners right now, and there is a way to get Kluber without it really hurting at all:

Tampa has reportedly discussed getting Edwin Encarnacion and Yandi Diaz from Cleveland. It is presumed Cleveland will need to send cash back to Tampa to facilitate a trade, because Tampa is cheap.

So:
    – The Cardinals send JMart, Gyorko, Hudson and Adolis Garcia & $5 million to Cleveland
    – The Cardinals send Wacha + $5 million to Tampa
    – Cleveland sends $5 million per year for two years, Encarnacion & Diaz to Tampa
    – Cleveland sends Kluber to the Cardinals
    – Tampa sends Brandon Lowe to the Cardinals, Joe McCarthy to Cleveland

Cardinals end up with Kluber + Brandon Lowe
    Cleveland ends up with JMart, Gyorko, Hudson, Adolis Garcia, Joe McCarthy and about $27 million in savings
    Tampa ends up with Wacha, Encarnacion, Diaz + $10 million

All 3 teams are improved

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

Cardinals 2016:

Call Mo and make that trade!!!!!

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jeez… a guy goes to Europe for a few weeks and comes back to all this happening!

wowza

so…Goldy is onboard with no guarantee of anything past 2019…Kelly and Weaver are gone…we seem to be out on HArper…FOwler has RF…we are trying to turn Jmart into a left RP…Gyorko might be on the move…and we seem to be talking with the Giants about Will Smith

miss anything?

-Goldy is an upgrade, but he is already showing signs of aging…and forces Carp to 3b and his shoulder issues
    -Kelly and Weaver seem like they werent ever going to get their chances here with the situation as it is and the depth behind them…sorry to see them go, buti understand…even if i think we sold a bit low on Kelly to get one year of Goldy
    -if we are all in on 2019 why are we not all in on HArper still? This makes no sense to me to not be in on HArper big time…at his age and with a 10yr deal at whatever money you are still looking at probably 8 years of the best production out of the player…there is no better time to offer someone like that a big contract..sure it is risky…but at 10 yrs you can even have a down year or two for injury oor whatever and still get great value…
    -i get commiting to giving Fowler a chance in the SPring…but using that dialog to answer questions about NOT going after Harper is extremely disingenuous about going all in…as that is the response about Goldy for only 1 yr
    -Jmart turning into a lefty is a good idea…makes sense, just not sure where he matches up…save maybe Minny who are looking at Cruz it seems…the argument for JMart instead of Cruz shoudl be easy and getting ROgers for him seems pretty fair
    -moving Gyorko makes sense, though i am getting hesitant at this point as Carpa t 3b to me means we need starter level backup…with no offense to Munoz or Wisdom
    -Looking at SF and Will SMith is awesome…that’s my main target too…he may be a bit costly but he checks a lot of boxes…if you cant get Rogers use JMart for something else and get Watson from SF too…maybe you can find a back end setup type for JMart on the market

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Jager, I hope you enjoyed your vacation. A lot of discussion with little agreement here. Same as usual!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Interesting stat on Meisinger. He gave up all 10 runs in 3 outings. The other 7 outings were clean.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Only pitch him on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday on the road? 😉

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is really interesting.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Seems I have read that the Reds are in on several SPs…..Kluber,Bauer,Miley,Kuechel,Happ.Sounds like the Reds FO is growing iterd of waiting for all those young arms to mature .I would think pitching half your games in that bandbox would definitely make a pitcher think twice about signing with them.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Phillies just signed Andrew McCutchen to a 3 year deal
    Pirates- Jordan Lyles RHP basically replaces Ivan Nova who was traded to White Sox earlier today.

The meeetings are showing a faint pulse finally.Dim but there.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Toronto cuts Troy Tulowitzki and eats 38 millon.Wow.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Toronto cuts Troy Tulowitzki and eats 38 millon.Wow.

I wish our front office would make a similar move…

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Would Tulo make any sense for us? Or does he have anything left?

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

There’s a reason he was cut

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

jags – If you haven’t been following the airwaves in the Lou, understand that there is a Goldschmidt love-fest underway. It is premature to say that we will only have him for one year. Intense fan pressure to extend Goldshmidt has already begun.

Tulo gave MLB some truly great years, all of them to Colorado. There’s a lesson in this that we’ve all seen before. Sad to see him go out this way.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Tampa Stadium dead

So, the owner took 3 years to find a location, wouldn’t commit to how much he would spend on a stadium, and says he can’t really commit to paying anything for his own business.

Copying the Oakland A’s playbook all the way.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Tulo basically told the Jays that if you wont commit to me as the starting SS then I dont want to be here.

Surprising they couldn’t get some one to pay 4-6 million of that. Maybe Tulo said no trade as well (I assume he had a no trade clause)

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Just received a notification that the Cardinals traded Wisdom to the Rangers for Drew Robinson.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Sounds like dodgers are trying to get rid of some outfielders to get Harper …. Bellinger has been mentioned in trade talks

Buster Olney: The Dodgers have talked to other teams about moving two outfielders among the group of Matt Kemp, Yasiel Puig, Joc Pederson and Cody Bellinger. As they look to reshape payroll, they also are prepared to move starting pitchers Rich Hill and Alex Wood.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Luxury Tax is really forcing some teams to get creative. The Red Sox may be doing some similar moves, though perhaps not on the Dodgers scale.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Brian…was gone for business, but it was still a nice vacation from normal…

nevertheless…Dodgers talking with us about JMart?

odd…what do they have that we could want? Id love Bellinger, but no way he is going anywhere…I wonder if Pederson is who we have our eye on?

Maybe we are thinking we could buy low on the young lefty as the Dodgers try to move money to go after MAchado or Harper…ive heard they are also talking with the Reds about Puig potentially

I still think we should go big on Harper and just be done with it
    trade for Will Smith and Rogers…maybe see if we can sneak a Dietrich or Descalso move in too..and settle up to the table for the year and beyond

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

2016, not sure I follow why your link indicates Gyrko could be a fit for the Nationals. Unless I missed something, the article only mentions their pursuit of LH hitters.

Viewing 25 posts - 2,776 through 2,800 (of 2,872 total)
  • The topic ‘Trade Ideas/Acquisition Ideas/Non-Cards Rumors – 2017-2018’ is closed to new replies.