St. Louis Cardinals 2018 schedule

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum St. Louis Cardinals 2018 schedule

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

2018 Regular Season Schedule Announced
    The St. Louis Cardinals, in conjunction with Major League Baseball’s league-wide release, today announced their 2018 regular season schedule. The Cardinals will open their 2018 season on Thursday, March 29 in New York against the Mets at Citi Field as part of a season-opening six-game road trip that will also take them to Milwaukee for three games.

The Redbirds will open the home portion of their 2018 campaign on Thursday, April 5 against the Arizona Diamondbacks as part of a six-game home stand with Arizona and Milwaukee. The Cardinals will host the Chicago Cubs for three weekend series at Busch Stadium (May 4-6, June 15-17 & July 27-29). The season opening game against the Mets will be the Cardinals first opener at Citi Field and the team’s first in New York since 1996. The March 29 season opener will be the earliest in franchise history.

The Cardinals 20-game interleague schedule will feature a pair of three-game home-and-home series with in-state rival Kansas City (May 21-23 at Busch Stadium & Aug. 10-12 at Kansas City) and a pair of two-game home-and-home series with the Chicago White Sox (May 1-2 at Busch Stadium & July 10-11 in Chicago) and the Minnesota Twins (May 7-8 at Busch Stadium & May 15-16 at Minnesota). In addition, there will be a three-game home interleague series against the Cleveland Indians (June 25-27) and a three-game road series at Detroit (Sept. 7-9).

The 2018 season will close with a three-game series Sept. 28-30 at Chicago against the Cubs, marking the first time the two teams have closed out the regular season at Wrigley Field since 1991.

View 2018 Schedule
    Printable schedule

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

Yay I get to see a game for first time in forever

(I live in minnesota)

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Too darn early to start a season, but that is how sports is in these modern times. Everything is expanded, the season, the marketing, the games, the finances. At some point we might see meaningful baseball played in 9 of the 12 months of the year, like basketball and hockey.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cardinals will be playing two exhibition games at Olympic Stadium in Montreal vs. the Blue Jays on Monday, March 26 and Tuesday, March 27.

(I’ve actually covered games at Olympic Stadium back when the Cards played the Expos there. Used to have terrible spongy turf.)

The travel shouldn’t be that bad for the Cards. As a reminder, they will open the regular season in New York on Thursday, March 29.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Memphis, Springfield and Peoria have also announced 2018 schedules. Anyone have an idea when Palm Beach will announce their schedule?

Interesting June 4 is looking to be a boring day in the Cards system with St. Louis, Memphis, Springfield, and Peoria all having an off day.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

There is probably some chicken and egg in this, but Palm Beach moves at a different pace than the other affiliates. Their attendance is lowest in the system by a mile. Even JC more than doubles them in average attendance. Peoria and State College draw more than three times as many fans per game.

My guess is that someone will play a rain makeup game on June 4. Peoria especially has a lot of April weather issues.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Now, the spring training schedule and ticket sale information has been released as well.

https://m.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article/260453742/cardinals-announce-2018-spring-training-schedule–ticket-information/

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Palm Beach hasn’t officially released their schedule but you can find it by going through their schedule and searching 2018 by each day. I’m currently compiling a schedule comparison for each team.

14NyquisT
    Participant

BH…. you can find the PB schedule on MLB… minor league affiliates.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

ICYMI, the Cards announced their promotional schedule for the upcoming season.

https://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/schedule/promotions.jsp?c_id=stl

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Nyquist I already got it but what I was talking about was Memphis, Springfield, and Peoria all released off calendars for 2018. I never saw that from Palm Beach.

14NyquisT
    Participant

BHC… the PB Cards don’t have much in the way of PR. I’m guessing that it is because the FSL doesn’t get much in the way of attendance. There’s a good amount of teams in a small area and that those showing up are die-hard locals and a few visitors and maybe scouts, friends and family. There can’t be much of a fan base. Plus tourism drops off significantly during the season in FL.
    Like I said it’s just a guess… and I wonder about the lack of a calendar also. ps.. Our GCL team doesn’t offer a calendar either.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From the Cardinals:

2018 TICKET PACKS AND ALL-INCLUSIVE TICKETS ARE ON SALE TODAY, DECEMBER 1 AT 10 A.M. CT.

(Good guesses on Florida teams.)

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

I hate my phone. That was supposed to read PDF calendars and not off. Anyways. None of the GCL teams offer a calendar from what I have seen. The schedule on MILB isn’t even out until days before the season starts. I’ve got schedules for all the teams except JC, GCL and DSL.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Two Cubs at Cardinals games are part of the ESPN Sunday Night Baseball schedule for 2018. More games will be added later.

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2017/12/batter-espns-2018-sunday-night-baseball-starting-lineup/

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The 2018 schedule on the official team site now has all of the regular season game starting times loaded.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Reminder that single-game spring training tickets go on sale this Saturday.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cards spring television and radio schedule is out and I am tracking their opponents’ plans, too.

https://thecardinalnation.com/expanded-2018-cardinals-spring-training-broadcast-schedule/

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

With all spring opponents’ TV schedules announced, the total of Cards spring training games on TV looks to be 20. Updated info here.

https://thecardinalnation.com/expanded-2018-cardinals-spring-training-broadcast-schedule/

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Brian

Do you know when MLBTV activates everyone’s accounts for the season? I think it’s near the end of February but not sure.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I saw that MLB opened up new sales, but no renewal notice yet. They need to get in gear. First game on the 23rd.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I just received my MLB.TV renewal email. This may be the most interesting part.

There is no action required for you to continue your MLB.TV Yearly subscription. The payment card you have on file with us will be charged $115.99 on or about February 28, 2018.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

They’re giving away 5 days worth of ST games maybe?

I am on a yearly subscription. So it will automatically kick in.

I got it at 7:18 PM

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The St. Louis Cardinals announced today that individual tickets for the 2018 season will go on sale this Friday, February 23, beginning at 10 a.m. CT.

Fans who wish to purchase tickets to three or more games will receive early access to take part in a special online-only “multi-game” ticket sale beginning today, Wednesday, February 21, at 10 a.m. CT.

https://www.mlb.com/cardinals/news/2018-single-game-tickets-on-sale-friday-at-10am/c-266872670

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years