Spring training 2019

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Spring training 2019

This topic contains 200 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 1 hour ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

For the 5 spot: in order of my preference.
    Hudson
    Gomber
    Reyes(with high hopes)
    Wainwright
    Cabrera
    Helsley

We’ll see what ST will do to this list.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is the type of ballplayer the FO should continue to look for.

Goldschmidt on getting to Jupiter early:

“Get down here, get the lay of the land, get to know guys, and continue preparing,” Goldschmidt said.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

If anyone is in Jupiter early… (No, it appears they did not get the word that Mo was promoted!)

Baseball Bash presented by The Chamber of Commerce of the Palm Beaches
    February 19th: 6:00pm – 8:00pm | Rain or Shine

Select players and managers from the St. Louis Cardinals and Miami Marlins will sign autographs on the field. There is a maximum of 1 autograph from each player, per person, so that all attendees will have the opportunity to meet the players. The participating players will not be announced prior to the event. Cardinals General Manager, John Mozeliak will give the 2019 forecast. There will also be a Silent Auction including a Cardinals and Marlins autographed team jersey with letter of authenticity. Dinner on the party deck is included.

Timeframe of Events:
    • Autographs- 6pm – 7pm
    • 2019 Forecast from John Mozeliak- 7:15pm

*This is a ticketless event – please bring your confirmation with you, no tickets will be mailed.

LEARN MORE

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brebbia needs to bring the beard back.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brebbia says he will, but it takes months to accomplish.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Managing Molina. In his FSM interview yesterday, Mo called Molina’s slow rehab a blessing so they can force him to pace himself this spring.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Free

To point out that the Molina injury has a bright side is one thing. To imply that it is preferable to being healthy is border line lunacy.

I think Mo doesnt even worry anymore about what he says as he knows the STL press wont hold him accountable.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

He was joking about the reality that Molina always insists to play. I didn’t take it as any more than that and I suggest you don’t either. But if you want to fry him over it, I recommend you go back and listen to the third inning of Sunday’s telecast (assuming you subscribe). At least that way you can hear his remarks in context rather than draw conclusions from my short reflection.

P.S. I doubt the key members of the St. Louis media were watching the telecast yesterday. They were likely in the press box. Chances are their reaction would be more like mine than yours, anyway.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mike Maddux was on the telecast today and singled out Mike Mayers with his two new pitches as the guy who has most caught his eye this spring.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Free

According to this interview with Maddox, Mayers has 2 new piches (he doesn’t say what they are).

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Though Jason Collette’s tracker has only one new pitch for Mayers, my article specifically notes both of his new pitches – a curveball and one-seam sinker.

Cardinals Pitchers Experimenting This Spring

1982 willie
    Participant

Free

I saw on the cardinals website that they are projecting shreve, mayers and cecil to make the opening day roster. also that robinson will make the team as a bench player. I totally agree with robinson. munoz is a great hitter but I think robinson can hit as well plus hes left handed and I think hes better defensively. munoz made too many errors in a short period of playing time plus a lot of those errors happened late in games. if it don’t work out, they can always make changes. the pitchers are slated to be there because they don’t have options. personally id chuck cecil and probably shreve. I think mayers could be good though he did struggle at times last year. lets give some of these other guys a chance.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Texas and St. Louis exchanged players that had zero chance of making either of their opening day rosters.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Andy Young homered in DBacks game yesterday. He’s the one we should have kept.

bccran
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Does anyone (who’s down there) know if the back gate off the divided street by the minor league complex is going to be open this year? So you can park back there? It was locked last year, which detracted from convenience. Also, if they are going to take down the netting behind the catchers where the pitchers warm up near the AAA field? That used to be s great viewing point.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years