Moving Dexter Fowler

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Moving Dexter Fowler

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

“But in Fowler’s absence, Tommy Pham has sparkled in center, with his bat, arm and glove, raising the issue of what to do when Fowler returns. Right now, Mozeliak said, they haven’t considered those options, but they will.”

“Any time you sign a free agent of his magnitude and you bring him to do a job, it’s very delicate to start talking about moving him off,” Mozeliak said. “Clearly you want to do what’s best for the team and finding ways to win and there’s no doubt when you look at the last few days with Tommy Pham, he’s made some excellent catches and had a positive impact on the team. So we have some time to decide what that next step looks like. I’m sure all of us on the decision team will have a talk, but we haven’t done that yet.”

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/fowler-making-progress-but-where-will-he-play-when-he/article_410fbf22-6cf6-5e48-b4ca-da34b1bf7c25.html

Looks like the Cardinals might be forced to admit Fowler needs to move to LF sooner rather than later…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

After years of seeing hot and cold Pham, healthy and injured Pham, I would not be ready to proclaim him the starter in center.

Also weren’t you the one (sorry if I mixed up the poster), who pointed out that Fowler does not profile well in left?

To be honest, when I saw the title, I initially thought you meant “move” as in trade.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Haha – no, I actually advocate moving him to left because he can’t play center…

Whether it is Pham or Grichuk or Bader, all of them are likely better in CF and I think the article shows the Cardinals are starting to realize this…

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Doesn’t he have a full no trade? It seems more a question of whether Fowler wants to leave

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

C2016 did not mean to hint trade. I said that just based on my first impression of the title. Fowler does have no trade protection, but if things get rocky, it could be made to go away ($).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.