Monday Cardinals moves – Lynn, Rosenthal, Mejia, Rosario

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Monday Cardinals moves – Lynn, Rosenthal, Mejia, Rosario

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  thejager 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Lynn given qualifying offer.
    Rosenthal released.
    Mejia outrighted off 40-man. Assigned to Memphis.
    Rosario outrighted off 40-man. Becomes a free agent.

Bw52
    Participant

Surprised Valera and Mayer’s still on 40 man.

mbusapp
    mbusapp
    Participant

What about Wick and Voit? The roster sits at 35. They may not be done trimming.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Still time to trade Myers and Valera prior to final 40 ma roster decisions. It may depend on how many slots they can open up via trade. I think Myers will get claimed on waivers and Valera will be a FA if he does clear waivers.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Is that 35 after they take Reyes and whoever else off the 60 day dl?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Along with Reyes, the other “whoever” was Rosenthal! 35 is all inclusive and accurate.

As a related aside, I will be posting a new Roster Matrix this week for the off-season.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

I am so glad Rosenthal is gone. He was so inconsistent and erratic. An accident waiting to happen. I do wish him well wherever he ends up and hope he recovers from his TJ surgery.

r/Rat

858booyah
    Participant

Were gonna make some moves.

We still have a few days to jettison.

Stanton is coming unless he doesn’t want to.

thejager
    Participant

i was def wrong on the Rosy situation… still i hope he recovers well and has nice career there is no doubt in my mind he will be around for a while

hope we can sneak Rosario and Mejia through to Memphis

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Agree with Jags on Rosenthal. He is still young enough to come back strong. I wish we could have kept him and seen him through the rehab, and have him on the club in ’19. But it was not something management wanted to take on given the current situation.

While he struggled the last couple of years, he was a solid closer for us. I thought Matheny over-used him at times, including an egregious situation in a game I saw here in Denver back in ’13 I think (might have been ’14), where he was left in for 41 pitches despite a 3 run lead. 41 pitches in Denver is like about 60 anywhere else. It was unnecessary, and we may not have had to use him at all that day, but that is history.

UConn Card
    UConn Card

I realize it’s easy to say after the fact but I expected Rosenthal to be released and for the exact reasons as has been already outlined.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Jager, Rosario and Mejia have already passed through waivers, with different resolutions. Check my article linked to above.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Really to bad on Rosey he was a great pitcher for us even if some were to blinded by hate to see it…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Let’s keep the discussion on Rosenthal, not other posters. Thanks.

gscottar
    Participant

There is nothing preventing Rosenthal from coming back to the Cardinals eventually.

thejager
    Participant

Brian…didnt see that article! thanks!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.