MLB playoff thread

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum MLB playoff thread

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 215 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Cubs are clearly on the ropes.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Houston’s bullpen gives yanks the game and all the MO in the series….talk about pathetic performance up 4-0 in 7th and lose

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This Cubs fan’s t-shirt made me laugh….

https://twitter.com/SBNationMLB/status/920620484278079488

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Only one team has come back from 0-3 to win a series (2004 Red Sox). Hopefully the Cubs won’t be the second.

Could be heading towards a Dodgers-Yankees World Series. The TV networks would love that.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Lets hope this game tonight ends the Cubs season right then and there. Don’t want to take any chance at a miracle comeback after behind down three games to none. We saw what it did for the Red Sox in 2004. Without that miracle comeback against the Yankees the World Series that year might have been a different story.

r/Rat

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Houston’s Pen GIVING the game away last night looks to have given away the series…

NJ315
    Participant

Yankees 5 Astros 0 Final

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Indians and Astros’ both have pretty much laid down since getting up 2-0 embarrassing

NJ315
    Participant

A little credit goes to the Yankees. Astros can still win.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Dang it, the Cubs stay alive with a 3-2 win.

I wonder if the Doyers will go with Kershaw tomorrow night? Assume they will instead of holding him back for Game 6 if necessary in LA.

The unthinkable couldn’t happen, could it?????

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

You mean the Cardinals being in the WS next year? No, it couldn’t.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hopefully that was a token win for Chicago, and the Dodgers finish them off tonight.

The Yankees are the surprise club in this year’s post season. They are really probably a year or two away from when they should be real tough. Both those teams, Houston and New York, are young, exciting clubs with a few veterans to help provide leadership. Ironically two ex-Cards are there with Beltran and Holliday (Beltran has been with many teams of course).

I wonder if Pujols will ever get another shot at the post season? Other than a 3 and out in ’14 I believe it was, the Angels have not been too good despite having one of the best players in the game (Trout that is, not Albert). They still seem aways off with a weak farm system and mediocre big league club.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Wade Davis better be ready to go 2-3 innings. I don’t know the rest of the bullpens ERA but it has to be high 9’s.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Upon further review I assume they will start Kershaw tonight for two reasons. First, that makes him available, on normal rest, for Game One of the World Series – should they get there, of course. And second, if it somehow miraculously goes to a Game 7 then Kershaw, on 2-3 days rest, would be able to throw 2-3 innings if needed.

I look for a gem from Kerhsaw tonight and the Doyers win this one 4-0.

r/Rat

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Feels really strange rooting for the Dodgers for the first time in 59 years. New territory. Although Kirk’s HR in ‘88 is still fun to watch and was good for the game.

Agree they should start Kershaw tonight. All hands on deck.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 3rd, Dodgers up 3-0, runners on 1st and 2nd, no outs…

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Top of the 3rd, 2 outs, Dodgers K.Hernandez just hit a grandslam to make it 7-0 Dodgers…

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

With a 7-0 lead if Kershaw cant seal the deal tonight he is going to get a reputation as being a big game underachiever. And I mean UNDERACHIEVER, big time!

Keep pouring it on Doyers, don’t take any chances……

r/Rat

CardsRedSox4Ever
    Participant

Free

Love seeing a visiting team grand slam at Wrigley. Hope those idiots threw the ball back like they always do. Hernandez wants that!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

9-0 now on a two out, two run double by Forsythe off of Lackey.

I assume this is Lackey’s swan song, not just for the Cubs, but his career as well.

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

9-1 Bottom of the 5th…it’ll be nice to watch the Dodgers celebrate in Chicago…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Kike Hernandez, Cubs killer. I wonder what it would take for the Cards to acquire him. 😉

LoganAlpha30X7
    Participant

Free

Hernandez hits his 3rd home run of the night to make it 11-1 Dodgers in the 9th…

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

don’t worry Cub fans, the next 107 years will go by quicker than you think.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I can stop worrying now. Well, at least a little. Now all I have to worry about is whether or not someone will beat New England in the playoffs.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 215 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.