Minor league thread – Thu Aug 10

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor league thread – Thu Aug 10

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PadsFS 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Memphis vs. Omaha: Dakota Hudson
    Springfield at San Antonio: Zac Gallen
    Palm Beach at Daytona: Mike O’Reilly
    Peoria vs.,Burlington: Evan Kruczynski
    State College vs. Hudson Valley: Johan Oviedo
    Johnson City at Bristol: Alvaro Seijas
    GCL Cards at Astros
    DSL Cards at Nats

• This topic was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  Brian Walton.

PadsFS
    Participant

It’s O’Reilly right?

I thought Oviedo and Seijas would blow through the lower minors, but this isn’t the year for either of them I suppose.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Yes, I made a typo. It is corrected.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Actually both have had their good outings. Oviedo moved up to State College. He has 3 quality starts and Seijas has 4.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Seijas’ avr game score for his 9 Johnson City starts =46. Oviedo’s avr GS is 42 for his 3 State College starts. Oviedo = 51.3 for 6 starts for JC. Small sample but Evan Guillory’s 3 Johnson City starts= 73. Castano’s GS avr. for 10 at State College=63.2.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

PadsFS
    Participant

Neither has blown anyone away this year. I was expecting a dominating performance from both actually. I thought they were primed for it.

At least they are both striking batters out (both about 9.0 K/9) I haven’t given up on them yet.

PadsFS
    Participant

With Springfield back in first place now, it’s pretty awesome they are able to fill the team with such stalwarts due to the logjam in Memphis.

Arozarena, Mercado, Garcia, Garcia, and Sierra all have a claim to be playing in AAA right now if it weren’t for the three guys there that should all likely be in the majors ~ O’Neill, Bader, and Piscotty.

With Alvarez back, the Springfield infield may be just as talented as the one at Memphis too.

Who do you take? Mejia, Diaz, and Wisdom or Alvarez, Edman and Seferina?

Pitching-wise, they have some stars too with Alcantara, Gallen, Gomber and Helsley looking good and Ellis having potential. The bullpen is back-filled from Memphis too with Nielsen, Echemendia, Wick, and Littrell having plenty of experience.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.