Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 2,275 total)
  • Author
    NJ315
    Participant

Matt Adams to sign with Nats 4.4 mil

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Matt Adams to the Nats as their reserve 1Bman. $4 MM base plus $500K incentives.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Adams makes so much more sense in the AL where he can also DH.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Yeah but if you see how much Time Zimmerman has missed the last 4 years you’d see where some playing time could happen for him. He’s lucky to have this deal fall in his lap.

I hope he’s worked on keeping the Lbs off and working in the OF a bit more. He did have to learn a bit on the fly last year. Not a bad score for about 250-300 PA

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Zach Duke has a deal with the Twins, pending a physical.

PadsFS
    Participant

Duke has a good shot at making good on that contract. If we didn’t have Lyons and Cecil, I would have liked to bring Duke back.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Duke is excellent value at $2 million. Even with Lyons/Sheriff/Cecil I would have been thrilled with that risk. Oh well.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Daniel Bard retired. Had pitched in Cards minors from June 2016 until his release off the Springfield roster in May 2017.

https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2018/1/4/16797700/daniel-bard-retirement

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Pete Kozma signed a minor league deal with Detroit.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, a reserve firstbaseman/pinch hitter can get over $4M a year (Adams). Being an MLB player, which of course is a very exclusive club, is a terrific career path. You can be one of the lower-level employees, and still make more in one year than most do in a lifetime, not to mention great benefits.

At a SABR get-together early last season I told Rockies’ GM Jeff Bridich I thought Adams would be a perfect “Rockie-type” player. He would love hitting here. But Bridich said that although his name came up a couple of times in talks between the two teams, they never got close to making a deal.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mike. I know you meant Adams, not Lynn as a perfect “Rockie-type” player. Too bad TCN won’t let you edit your post. I think Adams is a good fit for just about any team that doesn’t have a roster full of inflated egos. I always liked Matt Adams and was happy to see him sign. He’s pretty much at a point now where his security is assured although he might be one of these players that’s around for a long time.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

To clear up a misconception, all comments here can be edited within the first five minutes. If you proofread your posts in a timely manner, you have time to make corrections.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brayan Pena is trying a comeback. Minors deal with Detroit.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

How much is the meal money in AAA? lol

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Xavier Scruggs returning to Korea for a second season.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdzl931BhQ3/

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The plum of the Rasmus trade has more than nine lives (12 teams in 18 years) and has survived in MLB longer than Colby.

The Nationals have re-signed Edwin Jackson, per @ESQAgency. He’ll get $1.5 million if he makes the major league roster and can make another $1.4 million in incentives.

https://twitter.com/jorgecastillo/status/951566284789026816

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Michael Blazek has signed a minor league deal with Arizona.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Allen Craig is still at it. Signed a minor league deal with the Padres.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Salas signed a minor league deal (Az I think). I would like to have had him on a minors deal.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Depending on how he felt about having been traded away, he might not want to come back.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ty Kelly signed a minor league deal with the Mets, including a big-league camp invite.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Or Salas just as likely could be appreciative of the team that gave him his shot at the major leagues.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The Royals traded Brandon Moss to one of his former teams, Oakland.

wagee12
    Participant

LOL, Salad is awful. Cards have pitchers in AA ball that are far superior to him.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 2,275 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years