Former Cardinals in the News

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Former Cardinals in the News

This topic contains 117 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by BlackHillsCard BlackHillsCard 17 hours, 30 minutes ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 118 total)
  • Author

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Jhonny Peralta agrees to minor league contract with Red Sox

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-red-sox/2017/06/23/jhonny-peralta-agrees-to-minor-league-contract-with-red-sox

Will play 3B at Triple-A Pawtucket, where he will be teammates with Allen Craig. Craig has just 1 HR in 170 plate appearances this season, by the way.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

IF Ildemaro Vargas called up by Arizona.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Man, quite a free fall for Allen Craig. I don’t recall anyone in the long history of the game that seemed to suddenly lose the ability to hit, other than two similar players where it happened roughly at the same time, Craig and Garrett Atkins.

Guys age, and thus are less productive. But it seems like both Craig and Atkins were real good for a awhile, then had a season where they just lost it and never recovered.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Talk about Craig was that it was driven by a foot injury, but the severity of the decline is so severe, I still wonder what was really behind it.

UConn Card
    UConn Card

Man, Craig’s output just went into freefall. At least he should be very comfortable financially.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Neither ligament repair pitcher – Seth Maness and Mitch Harris – was able to bounce back, as Maness has been designated for assignment by the Royals.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Brian Walton.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Kyle Grana was released by the Dodgers.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Boston seems to agree. Jhonny Peralta went 8-for-40 at Triple-A Pawtucket and that got him released.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Worth remembering that his brother Casey quit in the middle of the season one year at Palm Beach, right after being named an all-star.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Brian Walton.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by  Brian Walton.
    bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Wishing Colby all the best. He always seemed to have off-the-field issues; I felt it was a lack of maturity, but perhaps something else was going on.

Not sure his dad was always a positive influence. It seemed like his dad tended to blame others for Colby’s misgivings. I do not know this for sure of course, but I sensed that when an authority figure chastised Colby, his dad would get on the authority figure and say “what are you doing to my son”.

When I was a young guy and an authority figure chastised me, my dad would ask me “what kind of screwing around are you doing to get the coach (or teacher or another adult) upset like that”. 🙂

TheEckFactor
    TheEckFactor
    Participant

Sad to see this young man step away. He and his father sent me a huge box of stuff that we used at an auction for a youth hockey trip. They are a great family!

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Very cool!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

More discord in the Cubs clubhouse? When things are going well, Lackey is an “intense competitor.” When not going well, he could be a lot of trouble.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Pete Kozma was designated for assignment by the Rangers.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Looks like Jaime is on the move again. Will be very interesting to see what they get for him and compare to Gant/Ellis/Dykstra.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Former Cardinal Dennis Eckersley and almost-Cardinal David Price had an incident on a team charter.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2017/07/23/shaughnessy/LFEh4ADdxNLjW2B7UWEVrJ/story.html

UConn Card
    UConn Card

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Took a while, but finally done.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

wesor1
    Participant

Of course Lou Brock is forever a Cardinal, not a former Cardinal, yeah for Lou!!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

You got me there! I was initially going to start a new thread, but instead decided to put it here.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Jaime on the move again…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.