Carlos Martinez sued again

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Carlos Martinez sued again

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mudville 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Martinez’ image-building took a hiatus today, though it is not a woman this time. A man in Illinois has filed a suit alleging he was jumped and badly injured back in 2014 by a group of men that included Martinez and Oscar Taveras.

The Belleville News-Democrat, not the Post-Dispatch, broke the story.

http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article198093299.html

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Jen Langosch contacted Martinez’ agent, whose response was predictable.

“The allegations in the article are false, and we have not seen any complaint. Carlos will address it once we have more information.”

They probably plan to find out if the guy has been in a coma the last four years. 😉

858booyah
    Participant

I’m sure there’s some irony when Carlos started making money and this suit. However there’s a pattern with Carlos and some of his actions that proves there’s some smoke to this. This Rumor, the reckless way he handled his facebook account with some adult material, the VD suit and some of his actions and looks on the mound.

He makes millions. He should act like a professional. Maybe he’ll learn or maybe he’ll never reach his potential.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Just to clarify it was twitter, not facebook.

gscottar
    Participant

Not to rush to judgment but if these allegations are found to be true it certainly isn’t a good look.The knock on CMart has been a lack of emotional control and focus, which I think has prevented him from becoming a true ace. That and the inability to field his position.

Hopefully this will blow over but even if true we have to remember this incident that allegedly happened was in 2014. He is surely more mature now.

UConn Card
    UConn Card

The examples re Martinez’s behavior cited above are valid but not close to recent. Kinda like what triggered this lawsuit.

Must have been a heck of a coma, Brian.😎

858booyah
    Participant

He’s not more mature. You still see it in the bullpen warming up, how he acts at times on the mound and his appearance.

He’s has ace type stuff no doubt. He’s got a long way to go to be like a King Felix IMO. That’s how good I think he can be if he knocks off the nonsense. We need him more than we’ve ever needed him this year to be the anchor of the rotation with so many questions.

PadsFS
    Participant

I find it ridiculous for older adults to judge someone else completely based on looks and how they “act” in a dugout. I’m sure most of you have kids. Have you ever seen the way they look, dress, and act. Reminds me of the movie back to the future.

I didn’t even know about how Twitter compiled all of your “likes” into some sort of a searchable platform. That was certainly added after it started and applied retroactively.

mudville
    Participant

Pads, you’re deluding yourself.

Regarding King Felix….My understanding is that he has been showing up at ST for the last couple of years, out of shape and overweight. Looks, and pitches, like a shell of his former self. And the Mariners still owe him almost $55M, guaranteed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.