Cardinals OF roundup, who stays and who goes? (Grichuk)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Cardinals OF roundup, who stays and who goes? (Grichuk)

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Even after Mo traveled to Las Vegas to talk with Fowler three weeks ago and told him he is not being traded, some in baseball think Fowler may be on the trade block, per Jon Heyman.

https://www.fanragsports.com/inside-baseball-mlb-notes-could-cardinals-shop-fowler/

Nathan Leopold Jr.
    Participant

Free

They better keep all their outfielders. They’ll need them to play on a rotating basis to make up for Stanton’s offense.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Oakland continues to have interest in Piscotty. Also interesting note about the Cards try to get Sonny Gray last summer.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/12/as-continue-to-have-interest-in-stephen-piscotty.html

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i remember that report about Piscotty and Flaherty or Weaver for Gray at the deadline…didnt think that was new info… that they are still interested is nice

i dont want to sell low on Piscotty…but with his contract jumping up after this year i think we may have to consider it

i like Ryan Dull in their bullpen as a young back end type reliever that woudl help….it’s probably not enough but he woudlnt be a throw away player and he was pretty impressive at time last year…

Jorge MAteo or BErreto woudl be worth targeting too as we coudl use better middle infield depth…though it may take more to get Berreto of course but probably MAteo too…but maybe not…
    after that…i dunno… CHris Hatcher in their pen has been good in the past…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From Ken Rosenthal:

Focus for #Athletics remains #STLCards’ Piscotty, sources tell The Athletic.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/940773975470362624

Brianpnoonan
    Participant

Free

I will echo the other poster on twitter (with better grammar) :

For whom?

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

poonan…. why would anyone know that? wouldn’t that be basically having information on the actual deal?

A’s have some good players to target… they may not turn heads (outside of BAretto) but could be useful…

I like Jorge Mateo for Piscotty…we sell low on Piscotty and they sell high on Mateo…

i liek MAteo for his versatility of SS and OF combined with his BIlly Hamilton like SB threat… we need backup SS options…and a backup SS option that could play SS and OF and also pinch run for an SB threat late in games seems a great a target…and maybe he could be more

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The San Francisco Chronicle is reporting a deal for Piscotty to go to the A’s is close, but offered no info whatsoever on who might be going the other way.

UConn Card

Paid - Annual

I’d love to see Piscotty go to the A’s since it would/will get him much closer to his mother.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oakland Beat writer who has covered the team since 1999 says Piscotty deal very close.

thejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

i read Yairo Munoz might be the guy coming back…i think he was top 10 in their system in 2016 i dont know much about him

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Munoz is currently ranked 13 in Oakland system. Projects to be a solid utility infielder and possible starter.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I’d rather package Piscotty with one of our pitching prospects or OF prospects for a good reliever or a prospect we can flip in another trade….

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Frankie Montas struggled in 2017 but has a really high upside. I would be interested in him.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Link

C2016. FYI, if you click on the LINK box when composing your post and copy the URL into the resulting box, it automatically creates a link to the article or tweet you are quoting. You create the wording for the link in the 2nd box.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope like youknowwhat that we get something for Piscotty. The guy is potentially an All Star in my opinion. Great 2nd half of 2015, pretty solid 2016. Slumped in 2017 but he will probably rebound.

r/Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Forsch, thank you for the timely reminder about how to post links. I am hoping others can start doing this. I know it is a bit unwieldy but not bad once you get used to it.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Piscotty could be an All Star, also. Definitely get value back if he goes to Oakland.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Brian Walton

Keymaster

Forsch, thank you for the timely reminder about how to post links. I am hoping others can start doing this. I know it is a bit unwieldy but not bad once you get used to it.

I know some of the features of the old site are unfamiliar on this site. If I can help with making the site easier to use, I will try to point it out.

It’s just a matter of understanding how this site works.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

From Heyman:

Sources: A’s are in agreement on a trade to acquire Stephen Piscotty. Two minors leaguers go to cards in deal.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/941171682982719488

858booyah
    Participant

Free

Had nowhere to play. Glad he got into the Area.

Are the A’s taking on all the salary?

My guess is were not done dealing just yet. Something else big could be coming.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good move for Piscotty to be closer to his family. Still haven’t seen the return but this one goes beyond the field, IMO.

Bw52
    Participant

Paid - Annual

latest word on Piscotty deal is hit a snag redoing who comes to Cards.Still hoping to work deal out soon.

Cardinals2016
    Participant

Free

Shrock & Munoz – not bad for Piscotty coming off a down year

Piscotty Trade

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 350 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.