Bud Norris to Cardinals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Bud Norris to Cardinals

This topic contains 107 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  CariocaCardinal 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 108 total)
  • Author

PadsFS
    Participant

CariocaCardinal

I do wish when we gamble on a guy we would find a way to work in an option on the contract so that if the gamble pays off we reap a little more benefit.

The option on Oh didn’t work out well at all though. We were all probably grateful for it pre-2017 though.

Bw52
    Participant

Black Hills Cards-as we say in the Midwest-have a nice day.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  Bw52.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

For those who follow uniform number assignments, like me, Norris will get Oh’s old #26. TBD if he ends up with his old closing job as well.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Still no word on the 40 man roster move? I know it is a minority view and unpopular option but I won’t be surprised if it is Voit. I think.he is the most likely to.pass through waivers and we have 2_ minor league FAs ready to replace him.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

The 40-man move will be disclosed Wednesday.

858booyah
    Participant

Well what’s said is said and what’s done is done. Norris is coming and only his performance will decide if he’s here past July.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Rowan Wick was designated for assignment.

thejager
    Participant

bummer for Wick…maybe he slides through and we can keep him

TexasCard
    Participant

Not to make fun of Wick, but for some reason this came to mind…

Gotta love Spring Training!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  TexasCard.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

14NyquisT
    Participant

Norris replaces Wick… pretty simple stuff. Wick might still wind up in Memphis, but his career has taken a hit. There’s a 50/50 chance he gets released… the AAA is loaded up also.

Maybe he can try catching again.

Bw52
    Participant

Hope he can stay with the organization.Either at AAA or AA and try to get his career back on track.There will always be a need for live arms because of injury or ineffectiveness.

PadsFS
    Participant

Wick is actually ahead of Jason Motte at the same time in their development.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

I think the chance of Wick being released is less than 1%. If he was good enough to stay on the 40-man following last season, why would he suddenly become release-worthy during the same off-season? Makes no sense.

(Please do not tell me that the Cardinals have so many better relief candidates than him at Springfield and Memphis that there is no room. I am not buying that – especially before even one spring training inning has been played.)

TexasCard
    Participant

I agree Mr. Walton. He still has a place in the system.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Mr. Walton, re-thinking my comment, I believe you are right.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Willie Mays Hayes. I hit like Mays, and I run like Hayes.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Goold reporting on twitter Wick has been claimed off waivers. New team is tba

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Yet another Cardinal to those scheming, no-good Padres! šŸ˜‰

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Mo really likes being bent over by the Padres. Awesome waste of resources and assets.

PadsFS
    Participant

Haha. I bet they would’ve picked up any of the players put on waivers. Mayers’ offseason probably sealed the deal with Wick being chosen. I love that you think Mozeliak somehow wasted resources. How is he wasteful exactly?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Had the same conversation just now on Twitter with an angry fan.

PadsFS
    Participant

I wish we would’ve gotten Wade Miley. I can’t believe he signed just a MiLB deal with the Brewers. I think he would’ve been a good Blanton/Norris conversion candidate for the bullpen as well as backup starter with LH potential.

That would push Bowman or Brebbia to AAA in the hypothetical roster, but they’d be back given the likelihood of injury, then Miley/Gant/Norris (along with Flaherty could fight for the rotation spot.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

You would also have to free up another 40-man spot at the end of the spring for Miley.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Kind of a strange coincidence that the Padres have acquired 3 of our players recently for nothing, including a Luis Perdomo twice, once back in the day. You can’t keep everyone. And until the Ozuna trade, to a fault, the Cards were hanging on to all prospects. HOnestly don’t think Wick will make it to the majors, but who knows.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.