Bud Norris to Cardinals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Bud Norris to Cardinals

This topic contains 107 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  CariocaCardinal 11 hours, 41 minutes ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)
  • Author

858booyah
    Participant

More like take the grab bag of stale bread, old fruit and dented cans from the Salvation Army Texas.

858booyah
    Participant

And I dont care what he says. No way he starts for us. There woukd have to be an collapse of epic perportions in our rotation coming out of ST for that to happen and even then there a Lyons is a better option to start than Norris at this juncture of each guys career. Plus there’s a chance a guy like Nolasco or some other bum coukd be out of work and looking for a gig.

Bw52
    Participant

The whining and crying is getting beyond ridiculous. This a smart veteran versatile signing.Who gives arats ass what rabble rousing jackleg Ortiz says.

858booyah
    Participant

$3 million for this guy! Is this why everyone is holding out to sign people? So guys the Caliber of Norris can get 3 million bucks! He didnt make that much last season.

Oh he could stink to high heaven and we could have no issues in our bullpen and rotation and he’s going north for sure over someone like Brebbia or Gant or Lucas.

gscottar
    Participant

He buys us some time for the kids to get ready.

I’m glad we don’t have to watch Lester play his swan song here. Wish we had Darvish for two, maybe three years, but not six years. Epstein has sure dug himself a hole. The Cubs are going to be looking at a tank and rebuild sooner than many people think.

The Cubs will be will World Series contenders for at least the next four years. Most of their positional core is extremely cheap until then. They can afford to splurge on pitching.

They develop hitters and spend big on pitching. They are playing for the World Series. We develop pitching and spend moderately on hitting. We are playing for the wild card.

As Bernie stated, “the Cardinals aren’t tanking, they are wild carding”. I think “wild carding” will be the next new catch phrase.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Our front office fails us again!! Cubs sign Chatwood, Morrow, and Darvish, while we get Gregerson and Bud Norris. I am sure the Cubs are quivering with that last move. If we were going to overpay someone, I would not have chosen Norris. ON the trade front we do well, but our free agent choices leave a lot to be desired. (And needed to be better) All this brave talk from the FO about upgrading the bullpen. It was just talk, unless the kids come thru for us.

thejager
    Participant

couldnt we put Reyes on the 60day DL returning from TJ? that wouldnt really impact his availability to get ready for the season right? It would all just be rehab. That would give us time to see who should really come off the 40man

Mayers i think slips through the cracks and so does Valera IMO…though i think in need of a 2b man might take a chance on Valera and his contact hitting

Mayers seems like the type of pitcher every team has

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

The 60 days start from opening day. Since they are saying Reyes should be ready around May 1, it does not seem a fit.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

I saw the Goold remark about starting, too, but I was confused at the end of the article when he said that no one from the Cardinals would comment yet. So, who told him, then? I guess the agent?

Then again, even if they said it, do we believe them? Rosenthal was told he could try starting about four times and never got out of spring training except as a reliever or on the DL.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Pretty sure the rabble rousing wasn’t done by Ortiz but by the guy who made sly racist comments. But lets attack the Hispanic sports writer instead of the guy who made stupid comments.

Derek Shore
    Participant

Noteworthy article from the PD today regarding Valera being overlooked for the bench, so perhaps that points to Mayers off the 40-man:
    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/cardinal-beat/mozeliak-cautions-not-to-forget-about-valera-for-cards-bench/article_cc0d0330-db7d-5567-9470-cb3de6340b3b.html

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Wouldn’t Wick be a candidate to come off the 40-man? Or do they want to give him another chance?

thejager
    Participant

i agree Brian about the start date getting mixed up…but i dont think that start date is set in stone i think it was given to make everyone feel ok about Reyes health not as if there was a must have him ready on May 1 deadline

and a signing of Norris could indicate they want to take it very slow with Reyes just to be safe…which might be a good idea

I’d be fine with Reyes out until June 5th or whatever if it meant getting spring training to determine the best option for losing a guy from the 40man..

if we are in such dire straights to need Reyes on May 1 and cant wait until June 5th. A lot more than just one bullpen spot or one rotation spot will be the problem with the club if that is the case

thejager
    Participant

Wick could be an option too…though he seems to lineup with our needs for backend relief pitching…and while MAyers might get converted to that it seems more of a project…im higher on Wick than Mayers ….and i still like MAyers

Bw52
    Participant

Damn right .Ortiz is a rabble rousing POS.Norris spoke out and then apologized.Did Ortiz jump on Molina when he took his cheap shot via twitter at Matheny? I do n`t recall Ortiz ripping on Molina.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 2 hours ago by  Bw52.

Bw52
    Participant

Another thing.I think a lot of younger players of all countries don`t respect the traditions of baseball.It is just a way to make money and get wealthy and enjoy the benefits.Too many “look at me ” types.Pretty soon baseball is going to be like the NFL were guys jump around and act like idiots after making a tackle or whatever.Too damn many hotdog players.

Cardinals27
    Participant

I think Valera should be the one to go. I like Munoz a lot. And Schrock is better than Valera. Munoz should be first man up if they need a middle infielder. But as in the Gregerson signing, it may be days before the physical, so the decision may not be quick.

PadsFS
    Participant

Reyes is already throwing off a mound. He should easily hit his May 1 timeline.

PadsFS
    Participant

mspaid

But then the Cubs sign Darvish, a potential all star and the next day we sign Norris and we’re not even sure if he can walk to the mound let alone pitch off of it. It is a head shaker but it gives me material for laughter. Maybe this is Junior’s answer to diminishing hot dog sales in September.

Exaggerate much? He was fine by September last year. I’ve torn my ACL twice and I’ve ran several marathons since.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Norris’ apology wasn’t really an apology. Saying his comments were taken out of context is a joke and B.S. If you want to believe that go ahead, but just so you know I’ve got ocean front property in South Dakota for sale.

God forbid guys have fun without being called hot dogs. I guess we should have robots playing the games instead of humans with human emotions. Good grief.

Bw52
    Participant

Nothing wrong with enjoying the game and having some fun.Being over the top and hotdogging has no place.Act like a Pro.I want to see Pros playing the games not clowns.Nobody said to be a robot.Respecting the traditions of the game matters.But traditions don’t seem to matter to some people.Maybe you get a thrill out clowns but if I want to see clowns I go to the circus.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Jager, the May 1 date WAS conservative. They aren’t going to go double-conservative and give up another month-plus of Reyes contributing for St. Louis just to save the 40th man on the 40-man roster. It is possible, sure. Is it likely? Absolutely not. Far from it.

As a side point, Goold watched Reyes throw a bullpen session this morning.

Bw52
    Participant

So Morris made his comment in 2015 and apologized and has there been any problems because of that since then?
    Since I have never read of any problems with Norris and his teammates what was the reason for Ortiz’s comments?Attention whore to get people to read his tras

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Traditions are being broken left and right in baseball. A guy celebrating after hitting a home run is a human reaction so get a grip and stop acting like the old man screaming at the kids on his lawn.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Bw52 you have now called Ortiz an attention whore and a POS. You’re out of line!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.