Biggest Disappointments

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Biggest Disappointments

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

Excellent historical perspective on the Fowler signing, Forsch. In retrospect, I’ll bet there’s some remorse by management.

PadsFS
    Participant

I don’t see why his SLG is unsustainably high, but his OBP wouldn’t also justifiably rebound to career averages if the HR pace slows down. That’s a rather glass half-empty outlook.

SoonerinNC
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong appears to be a guy who makes good adjustments. This is a guy who struggled to get above the .250 mark at AA last year albeit with some power. And for the most part he has had good at bats in the #3 spot.

he seems to be making the plays at shortstop and I didn’t realize how strong his arm is. I think the Sabermetrics guys like him too.

I think some are being pessimistic about him. Maybe the Diaz think is bleeding over here. And I’m not ready to give up on Diaz. He showed good plate discipline late in the season last year and should be able to recover that. And I love the way the ball comes off the bat when he takes a good swing. I do believe that he has lost the shortstop job permanently to DeJong so a change in positions may be in store for him.

PadsFS
    Participant

It has more to do with having the second lowest walk rate in baseball behind Jose Peraza of the Reds and ahead of Alcides Escobar of the Royals while also sporting the 15th worst k-rate in baseball. Peraza and Escobar strike out half as much as DeJong.

His K-rate puts him alongside the likes of Khris Davis, Chris Davis, Joey Gallo, and Miguel Sano while his BB-rate puts him with no-hit middle infielders. It’s a bizarre combination.

The only players that EVER did this over a full season were Alfonso Soriano in his early years, Corey Patterson, and Rougned Odor. I’d say Soriano and Odor would be a couple of excellent early year guys to follow with DeJong looking good at SS, which the other three couldn’t play.

bccran
    Participant

I was fortunate enough to be in the 3rd row behind home plate last night and had a close up view of both DeJong and Wong. If they can continue to play middle infield like that we don’t have anything to complain about. They truly made some great plays.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.